Silver fish and the great pumpkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver fish and the great pumpkin

I always kid the oldest boy about how he looks in them old bib overhauls I gave him a few years ago. We managed a father and son fishing trip last week, ans here is a pic of his first river steely of the season. We snapped a quick pic and then released it. We were just out having a few hrs of father/son time, and didn't want to clean fish.

One of my favorite memories are river fishing with my son. He has been taggin along since he was 5-6 yrs old, and has caught alot of fish with the ole man. I see a lil more of me in him every trip.

Fished in a tourney with him on saturday. It was an individual angler tourney, and he plced 2nd out of 30 anglers. Yep, I am pretty proud of the lad. We are going to the river again tomorrow, this weather has been just awesome sunny, 55-70 degree days. I know it will be over soon, so I am gonna get it while I can.
    I'll try and get a few pics of the trip.

Thanks for checkin out the " great pumkin"
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Your a lucky man Capt Dan.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Send em to me I'll clean em, and eat em for ya...............
      Family.......... at the end of the day............ thats all you have!

Good father and son team, way to go Dan for being there for your son!!
      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
      22" webber
      several burners
      pool/spa (of course)
      sigpic

Comment

Your a good man Captain!
        sigpic

Comment

Rock On Dan! I know how that feels!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

All the best Capt Dan...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Nice fish and good luck in the tournament...

Comment

Hah! NOW I get it..."The great pumpkin" LOL!

I'm sorta jealous Dan. But daughters have their own special place too... :{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That's great Dan. I love your fishin' pics.

Tom

Comment

Greaty post, nothing better than a good day on the water Hell, even a bad day on the water is good IMO.
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Enjoy it now...it dont last forever...I miss fishin with my boy.....................
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great time. Someday I would like to fish out there with you. But I am now afraid of following a compass, reeling too fast or to slow, adjusting the drag, and using the landing net wrong LOL. Really, you have a piece of fishing heaven over there in your neck of the woods.

Comment

We were just out having a few hrs of father/son time, and didn't want to clean fish.
                          Looked at the picture of the fish and almost cried. you put that back ?
                          lol I don't have that kind of willpower. Smoked trout is one of my favourite smoked fishes :-)

But yeah I spent the first 30 odd years of my life going fishing with my dad.
                          Happy days.
                          These days he's into the hunting and I'm into cooking the stuff he hunts lol (ooh reminds me fridge full of pigeon breasts, weekend project :-)
                          But he's retiring next month so we might get in a sea fishing trip or two next year, that'd be cool.
                          And yeah he always caught more or bigger fish than I did.

You're a lucky man dan and your sons will remember those trips as long as they live.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I still wonder how ya light the fuses in that damp weather. ( my favorite lures)

great looking fish. handsome young man. nothing better then headin out to the wild with the boy child and for me when we get home I pull the ole man card. son will ya clean it all up and put it away. I need to lay down.
                            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Well as a follow up we hit the river again today. Bluebird day, calm and great company. I had the great pumkin with me along wiht my Buddy Dave. You guys remember him. many prayed for his recovery from Cancer. The prayers must have worked be cause he is now Cancer free!
                              I am so proud of him. His battle was a tough one, and he did everything he was told by the docs, to the letter.

Here he is with his first fish of the day!

and an hour or so later My son gets a nicer dandy.

and just before we decide to call it a day, Dave gets the nicest one of the day.

I caught a couple too, but they were smaller fish and not kept for pictures.

We ended up catching 7 out of the 8 we hooked into, and kept the 3 biggest ones. Had a great time with 2 very important people in my life.

What a great way to spend a beautifull fall day.
                              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X