Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk summer sausage with cheese

Hello everyone

on Nov 7 a couple of my buddies went out Elk hunting it was opening day for modern firearm season here in Washington they both got thier bull's one 4 point and a 5 point on Nov 13 we started butchering the 2 elk after work and finished them on the 14 th we ended up grinding 220 pounds of burger meat and had 20 roasts and i dont know how many pounds of steaks we cut all the steak was cubed
    i took home 25 pounds of ground meat for some summer sausage with cheese it turned out great here is a pic of the summer sausage i will post the pics of the elk as soon as i figure out how to get them to my photobucket account they are cellphone pics and i erased them off the phone got to figure out how to save them as a jpeg

Happyness is a full smoker

Man you rock the sausage and fish clubber.... sorry on points lockdown-catch yeah on reload....Awesome stuff man...

Comment

Pass the crackers!! Those look great
      Keith

Comment

Nice stuff, Huey! I have done elk once. Best damned sausage I ever made. How much pork did you use... I assume some, right?
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich i mix in 7 pounds of pork butt to 18 pounds of elk

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

My OH My Huey, Elk sausage it SO GOOD!... And congrats to you & your pals for getting your Elk this year. All my hunting bud's around here ain't got a shot off & they are heading for Montana....
            sigpic

Comment

Great looking sausage, Huey! I have one more cow tag to fill in December. Freezer cleaning time.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

WOW I so miss elk summer sausage. My neice dated a boy whos dad elk hunted. Alas they broke up and my elk source went dry. He gave what was in his freezer before each hunt for like 3 years.
                If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Nice stuff, Huey! I have done elk once. Best damned sausage I ever made. How much pork did you use... I assume some, right?
                  I gotta agree Rich. The best snack sticks I ever made were also elk, smoked in apple.
                  Nice Huey, real nice.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X