A little father and son action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little father and son action.

Actually a Big father and his son's story.

It's river fishing time in SW michigan, and my two sons were home from school this fine day, so we decided it would be fun to go fishing, all 3 of us. Now my oldest is a fishin fool, but the youngest( jason @ 18) has other distractions on his mind most of the time. I was delighted when he said he would like to go.

We make a casual attemp at a stress free day of fishing by showing up to launch at 8 am( about 2 hrs later than normal). Hmmm, only one other rig in the parking lot, cool. Call my buddy( other rig in the lot) on the marine radio, he said they been there for an hour or more, no bites or action. So we set up just across from the launch and I remind Jason how this fishing is supposed to play out when we get a bite and all. I bet we are there 7-8 minutes when the first fish gets on, and I hand the rod to Jason. He does a good job, with very little coaching and lands this nice lil 5 lb steelhead.

5 minutes later, Justin tags into its smaller sister.

Awhile later my buddy calls to see if we are doing any good and I tell him we have 2 in the cooler, and we get another one on while I am talking to him.That one was pretty small, and in good shape so we released it.

WE relocate to a favorite spot of mine and just 4-5 minutes later Justin swings into this very nice colorfull Male of about 11 lbs.

we snapped a couple quick pics, and he decides to let this magnificent specimen go back to the river, so into the river he goes.I am so proud of that young man. We pick away at a few more and even some funky lookin whisker trouts.

. Finally I tell the boys that the next fish is mine, and just like it was planned, it was "fish-on" within 30 seconds of saying that. After a very fiesty battle, this 9 lb crome female makes it to the net.

What a great time with my two greatest treasures. I am so blessed. We kept 3 fish, let 3 go on purpose, and 2 others gave us the slip while we tried to reel them in.. all in all a good day.

Thanks for listening to me brag about my day!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Sounds like a great way to spend the day, Dan.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Dan, you're good dude. I can't wait until the day comes that I WANT to spend a day with my big mouthed, smart assed kid. As of now, all I want to do is stick a damn screw diver into my figgin' temple.

Tom

Comment

For taking the kids fishing & for catching em too!

Good times....
        sigpic

Comment

Those are some beautiful fish Dan! Good looking boys also!
          Keith

Comment

Man...Dan! You & them boy's Rock! Nice....I know the feeling!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great day, Dan! What I wouldn't give to be there with you.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                Dan, you're good dude. I can't wait until the day comes that I WANT to spend a day with my big mouthed, smart assed kid. As of now, all I want to do is stick a damn screw diver into my figgin' temple.
                Holly crap I think I just sharted meself and spewed beverage all over the room.

Master done well. and the boy kids? looks like both will be in the boat again. I miss fresh fish soooo much. oh before I forget which seems to be par for me. what handsome young men you have. except for the heavy one with the moustache and brown bibs on.
                and the fish they kinda look like corbina wonder if they taste the same.
                I use to fish so much in the tropics that I would tell my girl friend to git the cast iron skillet ready and cast for a peacock bass catch him and land him fillet him and put the fillets in the cast iron and so fast would this happen that I would gently put the fish back into the water and it would swim away. talk about fresh.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Dan.This really made me feel good....

Brings back good times with my pop years ago...

Comment

Capt Dan,
                    damnit! every time I see a fishing thread post by you, well hell I'm in tears. Cabana boy and I have played the fart game, he was there when my water broke with the baby girl, the emergency c-section, when they told him you have a baby sister, but we don't know about mom... but we never, ever had a fishing trip, ever. No matter how close you are to your boy, you can't replicate a dad/son fishing trip. Your boys are beautiful, and I have seen many a pix of you, but I can't think of one where I have seen you happier.
                    Capt Dan, go get that restaurant my friend!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Mighty fine lookin family Dan. Only thing missing is Mrs Cat Dan (Janet). Hope shes doing well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Whisker trout... LOL! Great time man! THose boys got some of Dad's fishin' genes- not to mention BIBS! LOL!
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

What A cool post! Thanks for sharing, what looked like a fantastic day.
                          And beautiful fish to boot.

JT
                          JT

Comment

Nice fishin' fellas!
                            sigpic

Comment

Nothing like a great day on the water with the family great job it wont be long and the steelhead will be running here i cant wait

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Working...
                              X