Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Oak lump $4.00 per bag at Walmart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Oak lump $4.00 per bag at Walmart!

Walmart has RO lump fro $4.00 a bag on clearance here. I guess they are not going to be stocking it anymore. What sucks ass is they are the only ones that carry it around here. Might wanna check your local wally world and stock up!!

sigpic

Originally posted by Darrin View Post
    Walmart has RO lump fro $4.00 a bag on clearance here. I guess they are not going to be stocking it anymore. What sucks ass is they are the only ones that carry it around here. Might wanna check your local wally world and stock up!!
    It'll be back next year. Every year Wally World has the "seasonal" items on sale.

Comment

Why would they put charcoal on clearance right before the grilling season starts?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe old new stock? Walmart does things a little different. It's the same around here every year. Sale, them they bring new stock in afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrin View Post
          Why would they put charcoal on clearance right before the grilling season starts?

Probably getting rid of the US made lump for the cheaper Brazilian, Argentinian made lump...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

RO is discontinuing those 10 pound bags, they are downsizing to 8.8 and yea, the price stays the same. Ain't life nice. Wally world can't put the new bags out until they get rid of the 10 pounders.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
              RO is discontinuing those 10 pound bags, they are downsizing to 8.8 and yea, the price stays the same. Ain't life nice. Wally world can't put the new bags out until they get rid of the 10 pounders.
              Well that just sux out loud! WTF?!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yea it does suck, big time. All of these companies do this eventually. Instead of raising prices they make their package smaller. Of course sometimes they do both. I guess they screwed themselves though when they came out with the idea of a gallon milk jug.
                sigpic

Comment

Heading to Walmart to see if they have RO on sale here too. I really hate WM with all my soul, but I have no choice when it comes to buying RO.

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
                  Weber 22.5 Gold
                  Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Went to WM yesterday and not only that RO wasn't on sale they raised the price to $6.37 a bag !! It's the same pallet of RO that was $5.19 a bag just a month ago, I know it's the same because the pallet had some graffti writen on it. This is why I hate WM !!

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
                    Weber 22.5 Gold
                    Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Capt View Post
                      It'll be back next year. Every year Wally World has the "seasonal" items on sale.
                      they never do that around here...bassages.
                      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                      cast iron Hibachi
                      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                      & rotisserator
                      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                      my music recordings-
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

RO availability and quality

I have a helluva time finding RO around here. The only game in town seems to be WM, and it is a hit or miss.

Anyway, I posted this on Debi's site last month, thought y'all might enjoy it...

---
                        Well, this is a first. I have been using RO for a long time, and have used tons of other brands as well. I have NEVER had this happen to me with other brands, and let me tell ya', I'm P*ssed!

I opened a brand new bag of RO, dumped a load in the chimney, when I heard this loud "THUNK!" What do my wondering eyes see? A 2 1/2 pound chunk of broken concrete! ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Now, I've seen stones show up now and again, but a big piece of concrete?!

I ain't a happy camper. I will be contacting Cuss-some-more Service over this!

---

Followup...

---
                        Okay folks, I spoke with RO customer service last week, and explained the problem. They were very nice, I emailed them the above pictures, they said they would take care of it for me. I just got a check in the mail for $6.00...

I was hoping for a bag or two shipped to my door, especially because I can't readily find it around here. Ahh well, at least they covered the cost of the bad bag.
                        ---

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hawg-that is crazy.

The WM by my house doesn't carry RO. But the Menard's a few miles away has the RO Steakhouse (in the green bag) Usually $4.88 per 8.8lb bag. I have had good luck with it so far.
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by solar View Post
                            Heading to Walmart to see if they have RO on sale here too. I really hate WM with all my soul, but I have no choice when it comes to buying RO.
                            ditto ditto ditto!!
                            But its the only game in town for the RO! One 8 miles from my casa had it for 4.67, the other one 12 miles from me had it at 6.37.. bastages

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                              ditto ditto ditto!!
                              But its the only game in town for the RO! One 8 miles from my casa had it for 4.67, the other one 12 miles from me had it at 6.37.. bastages
                              it's 8 bucks down here for the new smaller bag.
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                              X