Wild Turkey Breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Turkey Breast

So I was dilligently working outside 2 Saturdays ago and hear a loud thud off a truck (Toyota Ha--Ha) passing by to see a wild turkey spiraling down to the ground. I run out to see if there would be any salvaging the bird, suspecting that the guy that hit it was going to return for the bird that crushed his window! He did not, but there was another roadkill chaser like myself turning around to grab the goods! I beat him and finished the bird off (still alive) by twisting the neck. Called a buddy to ask him what to do with it (not much of a hunter) and he advised to cut the breast out since the rest of the meat is tough due to them being so active. So...I cut the beard off opened him up sliced the breasts out( breast bone broke and some bruising) of his twitching carcus!
    Brined the breast meat over night. To prepare I dipped the bare meat in grits, egg wash and then in a dry batter that I made with several seasonings. Need less to say the whole fam loved it and the kids wanted it again the next day! I was surprised as this was my first attempt at wild turkey! Hope another gets whacked out here soon! LOL!
    Attached Files

lol. I thought I was the only one on the forum that enjoyed road kill.

sounds like you did verywell to me. should be some mighty fine table fare..
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Very nice Wild Turkey. Some people get all the luck.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
        Very nice Wild Turkey. Some people get all the luck.
        Really...how good is my luck? Rich is my brother!!!!! LOL.... Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Marktee View Post
          Really...how good is my luck? Rich is my brother!!!!! LOL.... Just kidding
          Win some loose some Marktee...lol
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Nice!!! Maybe youll become a Turkey Hunter for more Yummy table fair? good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Marktee View Post
              I beat him and finished the bird off (still alive) by twisting the neck.... So...I cut the beard off opened him up sliced the breasts out( breast bone broke and some bruising) of his twitching carcus!

Nice looking dinner there Mark & great details on the processing of Mr. unlucky bird...
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds really good Mr. Mark

Now if that was Rich preparing that, he'd have brined it in Wild Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                  Sounds really good Mr. Mark

Now if that was Rich preparing that, he'd have brined it in Wild Turkey.
                  LMAO! True Dat!

Comment

So I had posted this on that social networking sight and was posed the question concerning the legality of picking up a mortally wounded bird and eating it w/out reporting it!? My comment was it is survival of the fittest and why let a perfectly good bird go to waste? I DUNNO!! Any thoughts?

Comment

I don't know the legality of it either Mark. I did just read a story in the newspaper about a motorist here in Michigan that hit a deer and the state police were going to let them keep the animal, but while they were filling out the report at the cruiser, someone came up and took off with the deer. That's pretty ballsy.

It ain't like you have a car or truck outfitted with a nitro booster and go out lookin' for animals to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                        It ain't like you have a car or truck outfitted with a nitro booster and go out lookin' for animals to hit.
                        Well... actually... he DOES have a vehicle like that. No nitro tho. It's a bog beater however
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well hide Grandpa's nitro pills or he'll be droppin' them in the gas tank.

Comment

Love that wild turkey. Oh yeah. Next time though, brine and deep fry the whole bird. It will be plenty tender.

Tom

Comment

Only here can you read a story like that!
                              Wild Turkey? I thought that was ordered at a bar top..
                              Road kill around here is either women and small children or opossums.. ewe.. and in So Cal you would have more luck smoking the women and children then the opossums with PITA up your arse...

your turkey looks pretty good though... does wild turkey taste a whole lot different than that store bought injected bird?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X