The Thigh-Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thigh-Guy

My wife brought home two packages of chicken thighs to cook. What other way than to smoke-em. It was a perfect chance for us to try some of that " Mad Hunky Rub " that I had gotten from RichTee on them. Placed them in the smoker at 230 for about 2 1/2 hours total. Two hours of smoke. When they reached 150 I took them off to finish on my Weber. Put some BBQ sauce on half of them. They finished up in about another 1/2 hour took them off at 170 Everyone thought they were great. I guess I found my new rub for chicken. The flavor was just perfect and they were ever so moist. I guess I need to work on my plated presentation a bit. Thanks for looking and We wish everyone a very " Happy Thanksgiving "

CharGriller Pro w/FSB and HawgHeaven Mods
    Bradley Jim Beam Digital W/Heater Mod (950 Watts now ) Weber Genesis Silver "A" w/Smoker Box and a Big Black UDS

Love the chicken Bill. All turned out well...
    How's that Bradly working for ya?...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Looks really good from here
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
        Love the chicken Bill. All turned out well...
        How's that Bradly working for ya?...
        Bradley sorta works fine. It is not very temperature stable. Takes forever to reach temp. I don't think it will work very well in the cold weather. If you are looking to buy one I think there are better choices for the money.

CharGriller Pro w/FSB and HawgHeaven Mods
        Bradley Jim Beam Digital W/Heater Mod (950 Watts now ) Weber Genesis Silver "A" w/Smoker Box and a Big Black UDS

Comment

Great job on those thighs!!

Oh No!! No points left. They look very tasty though!

Originally posted by The Spy-Guy View Post
          I don't think it will work very well in the cold weather.

Time for cheese, bacon, and cold smoked salmon!
          Keith

Comment

Man them loook gooood! I see another label of the Hunky pulled! Good for ya!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good looking thighs. That's one of my favorite chicken parts.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Not a thigh man in the least. But them look absolutely delightful. I have no points left either, but I'll get to it tomorrow.

Tom

Comment

Thighs are favorite part so I always have plenty of to give.

Comment

wow dem look good
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I love chicken thighes myself, my favorite part of the bird. And the onses you smoked up, look fantastic. So happy you are proud of them, you should be. Ya know, anyday you can smoke meat and enjoy it is Thanksgiving Day.
                      sigpic

Comment

i thought it was the prefect plate... Meat and Meat what more does a guy need. a job well done
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I see the mad hunky is spying some thighs, I know he likes looking at butts of course he would thighs!
                          They came out perfect, and your plate, looked darn yummy from here!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Well to throw some more of my opinion in, after I eat my burger and steak in 2 weeks I am gonna follow it up the next day with a bunch of chicken quarters as well. Very little food comes out of a smoker with that same perfect carmalization as you get with chicken. And these thighs here are a prime example of how to do it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X