Wild Turkey is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Turkey is done

Well, got this puny turkey smoked today. Come to find out, its NOT the one he want'd me to do. LOL

Brined it, using my normal mollases brine, and then rubbed underneath the skin with garlic butter, and injected with a garlic, white pepper, butter sauce.

on its throne, with beer, garlic, and onion in the can.

smoked it over cherry, started out 250ish, and finished up @ 350

spritzed with cherry juice. Don't think i will have to worry bout this being jerky. VERY juicy, just pulling it off the brinkman.

He will report back tomorrow on the texture and taste.

Happy turkey day ALL!

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

When I read Wild Turkey is done.... I thought,,, uh-ohhhhh, someones gonna be in trouble.

The Wild One Looks Great! Great Color!
    sigpic

Comment

Might be a little more puny than a domestic, but sure looks good from here!
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Steve, I was amazed at the difference in shape to a domestic turkey, WOW!
        I have never had "a" wild turkey, I bet it is a whole new level of wonderful deliciousness.. Your sure looks farken YUMMY! Nicely done!! See ya in chat on Sunday!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I love the color but I guess that might be where the phrase "bird legs" came from. Those are some sticks. I'd still hit it
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

It looks perfect.

Comment

Real nice! Lookin real good!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have read wild turkey should be cooked at lower temps then a commercial.Any truth to that????

Looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

like i said in my first post, i did it normally as i would any turkey. Still haven't heard how it turned out for them today.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Sure looked good D88de. Just heard back from one of my "sales". Appears I have a lifetime engagement at Thanksgiving. Fine with me :{)
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks good from here too. Nice work
                      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Update

just realized i didn't update this thread.

He called friday after turkey day, said it was the best turkey ever. Juicy and very smokey. He found out his buddies was full of crap, saying it would come out like jerky.

Comment

Great job on the bird Steve!
                          Keith

Comment

Looks great! Big ol' legs on that thing! I guess that's what happens when a turkey actually gets to use the legs.

Glad it turned out so well. Always nice to have a winner if there are more than one being tasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                              just realized i didn't update this thread.

He called friday after turkey day, said it was the best turkey ever. Juicy and very smokey. He found out his buddies was full of crap, saying it would come out like jerky.
                              Maybe his buddy shoulda had you smoke his for him!
                              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X