Smoked Venison Potato Sausage Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Venison Potato Sausage Meatloaf

A few years back we started making a swedish potato sausage with our venison. Last year the guys didn't want to take the time and put it into the hog casings. They just put it in the plastic bags. You know, the ones marked wild game. Well, it doesn't work very well for patties and such. With the poatoes and onion in it, it want's to fall apart. So I've been experimenting.

A few months back I mixed in a couple eggs and bread crumbs and baked it in the oven as a meatloaf. Fantastic. So, I couldn't resist smoking it. Turned out great. Used some hickory and glazed it with cherry chipotle bbq sauce. With a couple ABTs and cottage cheese, it made a nice dinner last night. Gonna make great sammies for work this week too.

Couldn't run the smoker with one thing in it, and my son is having a shindig for the football game today. So, I threw in some ABTs, yukon golds for smoked tater salad, and some eggs. He's got some wings and brats. Should be a good time.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

R/R.... Love the looks of the Meatloaf!.... Have yet to smoke the eggs, what do you think of them?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      R/R.... Love the looks of the Meatloaf!.... Have yet to smoke the eggs, what do you think of them?
      The eggs are real good. Not as smokey as you'd expect. But if you're running the smoker, it's an easy way to fix them. The DIL loves deviled egg. So I'm bringing them with as a treat for her.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Yer a top-notch old man there Ray! Looks like some great game-time fodder for da boys!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

RR that is some great looking vittles for sure the japs looked awesome. and the meat loaf well I bet that makes some great sammies, one of my favs for sure.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I'm loving it RR. ta ya for that smoke Bud... All the best...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks guys. Interesting meatloaf for sure. But, I'm trying to find was to use it. Not into wasting food.

Forgot to mention they had clementines at the store, so the ABTs are cream cheese and a couple orange wedges in each. Man they're good.
              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
              X