left over turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left over turkey

had a turkey left in the fridge from thanksgiving. it was to be a traditonal over raoster and it did not thaw in time. i was laying around the house watching football today a thought i should do something with it. i fired up the smoker, rubbed that bird down with EVOL and sprinkled it inside and out with a little rub. smoked with apple wood. and here are the results.

someday i will get good enough at this to plate a meal and take a pic like the pro's do.

thanks for looking
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Looks tasty. I bought 4 extra turkeys. Can't wait to get one on the smoker.

Tom

Comment

Thats a nice looking bird Marcus... I have not smoked one in over two years.. The wife is going through some sort of deep fry phase.. I dont get it...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Looks good. Nice work on the bird
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

heck yea it looks good. I, or should say we went to the daughters this year and I missed smokin a bird and cooking in general. I should check out the stores and see what kindda sales they have goin on now and still have smoked turkey.

Comment

Good looking turkey!

Ken, I haven't deep fried a turkey in several years. I may have to do one or two again. I used to just love injecting them with creole butter and using a little cajun shake on the outside.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Marcus,
              That bird looks pro to me! YUMMY!! We also went else where for turkey day, and had no leftovers.. so ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I know for sure now that the whole eat turkey = go to sleep thing is soooo true.. we ate yesterday and man I was down for the count!
              Great smoke!!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

thanks for all the drive-bys, look-sees and encouragement. its was to much bird for debbie and i so we split it 3 ways daughter, next door nieghbor and us.

got to say i do love turkey sammies
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Thats a nice looking bird Marcus... I have not smoked one in over two years.. The wife is going through some sort of deep fry phase.. I dont get it...
                  Pretty bird, man! And deep fry is a good way to go- but it ain't smoked. I'd like to try maybe a couple hours smoke and a fry finish sometime. might just have to grab a chicken and check it out.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                  X