Beef Brisket Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Brisket Jerky

has anyone ever done.....i went to a store called the beef jerky emporium down the street from my work and they sell beef brisket jerky and it looks good.....did not buy any because i am doing 2 packers this weekend for a gig and i thought i might steal a little bit of the flat and try it out....do you all think that it would be little too much fat for jerky and does anybody have any comments or info they can provide...if i do it it would be a simple TQ cure and some teriyaki marinade....nothing fancy....thanks for the input
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Seem as though if you trim the fat off really well it should work fine. Fat and jerky don't mix well as the fat can take on a rancid taste.
    sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

I have not tried it, but would also think that cut may have too much fat. Have you ever tried burnt ends?
      sigpic

Comment

Hell give it a try. Maybe it would be better than the bottom round jerky I made a few weeks back, still chewin on the first piece. Not really, it is pretty good stuff just a bit too much CT.
        Last edited by SmokinLee; 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

If ya slice thru the fat veins and trim it out it would prolly be OK. I'd keep it chilled and in the dark, or best Vac'd to prevent oxidation of the marble fat.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I've done it with the flat before. Its not that fatty, just kinda tough. I suggest to just buy the london broil and slice it up. Hard to beat.
            Keith

Comment

I am goin with an eye of round next round or do up another pork loin for jerky, since now we are venisonless.

Comment

There is a local company that sells jerky strictly out of Brisket.I have bought some and it is pretty good.It is sliced almost see thru thin but had a good flavor don't know if this helps.
                sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

i went to a store called the beef jerky emporium down the street from my work

Was just at that store 6 months ago Reno and Meridian right?, great selection of hot sauce.
                  JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                    i went to a store called the beef jerky emporium down the street from my work

Was just at that store 6 months ago Reno and Meridian right?, great selection of hot sauce.

thats correct i work right just down the street....they have all kinds of jerky and hot suaces ....neat place ....also they guy thats owns also does patio covers and remodels..he does nice work
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                      [/B]

thats correct i work right just down the street....they have all kinds of jerky and hot suaces ....neat place ....also they guy thats owns also does patio covers and remodels..he does nice work
                      I bought some Jerky, hot sauce and spicy dill pickles from him, quite the salesman. I had stopped in to the biker bar next to it, for an adult beverage and spotted the sign. I HAD to go check it out. C'mon "Beef Jerky Emporium"? who could resist that?

JT
                      JT

Comment

Working...
                      X