Louie & 88 went to Daytona!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louie & 88 went to Daytona!

Talk about a trip from hell. Original room reservations at a B&B outta business. Kept our 250.00 deposit. Hmmm...Get to Crescent City B&B, we were booked, CC deposit, I'm sorry I overbooked, credited the card. Me...to the truck for a beeeeeR! Louie finds a place in New Smyrna. Haul ass to there. We in. Rain from hell Saturday, Sunday. To the track raining. Me sleep in the truck. Got beer, porta potty, & a cooler full of stuff to tailgate. It's cold, damp to the bone, ya'll up in them cold ass places I feel your pain. Here are some pic's. I'll take Talladega anyday!

This grill was huge, turkey legs & quarters & sausage.

For Bbqgoddess.....Jr. after driver intro.

And I can't stress the importance of a good scanner & headset. Cause ya get it like this!......During a caution more than 20 laps later, Earnhardt radioed his crew and said, "Tell Vickers if he wants to meet me in the garage to get his ass beat, I'm willing."

Good racing, Vickers got his. Kyle will not stop blocking. I think Jr. figured out if I want to get a Championship, I gotta be like Daddy.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Sounds like quite an adventure!
    Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
    1 Maverick ET-73
    1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

Sorry to hear and see you had some problems, but still looks like a good time. I thought that they might get the whole race in before the rain but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

I use to go to the Twin 125's every year until Nascar got popular, back then only 30,000 people showed up and you could bring in huge coolers, man those were the days.

Your boy's head sure wasn't screwed on straight, he was making mistakes all day, 2 pit row infractions is not excusable for a driver like him.

Brinkmann Smokin' Pit Deluxe: heavy gauge, modified
      Weber 22.5 Gold
      Weber Smokie Joe

"Racing Cars and Smokin' Q, what else is there to do ?"

Comment

Great shots!
        I am glad you all got to go and had a great time! ARGH! I hate the rain...its supposed to be raining out here next weekend just in time for the race.
        I wish I could heard June bug's team radio all day... after the first mistake on pit road, missing it completely, I am sure he was pissed, then the second one?? Hell he must have been boiling and well I don't want anyone to wreck, espcially when you take out half the field... I know he was having one hell of a bad day and was not gonna take Vickers blocking him, and well thats racing now isn't it? I do recall good ole Brian in the 5 car taking Jr out of a race as well... as far as the penalty to Leffler the day before WTF? pretty soon they will all have to hitch up there skirts to get in the cars to race.. they keep changing the rules around. Whats next? no lucky dog? everyone just stops on the track and lets the lap cars catch up? ARGH.. 5 lap penalty ridiculous!!
        If you are a sissy la la don't get in a NASCAR.. NO more whiners in NASCAR please!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos! Looks like you still managed to have a great time at the race!
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

that's an experience of a lifetime... you did have fun though... right? that's all that matters... thanks for sharing your pics...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jbchoice1 View Post
              that's an experience of a lifetime... you did have fun though... right? that's all that matters... thanks for sharing your pics...
              Yeah...good time! Even if it was called fer rain. Next gig Talladega!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks like y'all had a good time once you got passed the rough beginning. Pretty good race, too bad it got rained out.

I ended up going to a party that a local sports radio show was putting on and won a year subscription to Nascar Track Pass. Should be pretty cool. Guess I'll have to start watching races again! lol.
                Last edited by PitRow; 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                  Looks like y'all had a good time once you got passed the rough beginning. Pretty good race, too bad it got rained out.

I ended up going to a party that a local sports radio show was putting on and won a year subscription to Nascar Track Pass. Should be pretty cool. Guess I'll have to start watching races again! lol.
                  Great ya won the Track Pass!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

New Smyrna?

If you stayed in New Smyrna, you and Miss Louie were in the town north of me ... 4miles to be exact

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                    Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                      If you are a sissy la la don't get in a NASCAR.. NO more whiners in NASCAR please!!
                      AMEN!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                      Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumosmoke View Post
                        If you stayed in New Smyrna, you and Miss Louie were in the town north of me ... 4miles to be exact
                        Yep, ez run to the track up 1. Ate at Boston Fish House, something like that. Sister wha a plate of food fer the money. Thank you & Bbqgoddes about the whiners! Nice down there! New Smyrna.
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

88 glad you folks enjoyed the race. Hope to meet you folks at pineywoods get together in April.

JC & Donna
                          Eagle

Comment

Working...
                          X