Custard Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custard Pie

Was diggin through the old family recipe book an came cross this en. With the holidays upon us, figure yall might enjoy it.

Custard Pie

3 eggs beatin
    2 C milk
    1/2 C sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

Combine an blend well together. Place in a unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350° F fer 1 hour, or till center is firm.

These are really tastey. Matter a fact I think I'll whoop one up friday fer supper dessert.
    sigpic

Damm Tip, that sounds good, love Custard Pie!
    Thought ya were gonna post a Led Zep video for us on first read.
    sigpic

Comment

I had to fire up the ipod and get the "Led Out"... Custard Pie, Sounds as good as ever...
      sigpic

Comment

custard tarts are a favourite round here.
        works very well in individual cases too. :-)
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

TIP!!! You read my mind. Was just thinking about that. Mom used to make it allot when we were kids and I was hungry for it now. Don't have to find her recipe anymore. Thanks!!!

sigpic
          Brinkman SnP-w/mods
          ECB
          GOSM
          MES for sticks and sausage
          30 yr old Weber Kettle
          Brinkman gasser

Comment

that does sound good.... yummm wish I could make custard pie... its one thing I don't do well :(

Comment

Hmmm . . . I've baked a few cakes (from a mix), before, but never a pie. I think I can do this one. I even have most/all the ingredients in my kitchen at the moment.

Will the culinary exploration ever end??? Sausage, Canadian bacon, now this??

Man, I love it here.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Tip this is the exact same custard recipe i use....and this is just a base you can cocca powder for a chocolate custard or add coconut for a coconut custard or heres one use this same reciepe and add bannanas for a bannana custard pie...lot of different ways

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
                Was diggin through the old family recipe book an came cross this en. With the holidays upon us, figure yall might enjoy it.

Custard Pie

3 eggs beatin
                2 C milk
                1/2 C sugar
                1/4 tsp salt
                1 tsp vanilla
                1/4 tsp nutmeg

Combine an blend well together. Place in a unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350° F fer 1 hour, or till center is firm.

These are really tastey. Matter a fact I think I'll whoop one up friday fer supper dessert.
                Mike
                Oklahoma City
                22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                Weber 22.5 Performer
                GOSM 3405gw
                Boomer Sooner Drum
                Maverick ET-732
                Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Will the culinary exploration ever end???
                  I sure hope not :-)

yummm wish I could make custard pie... its one thing I don't do well :(
                  One tip - and it's how I do my lemon curd tarts - start the custard off in the microwave.
                  Basically blast it for 1 minute at a time, stirring thoroughly between each blast.
                  Once it starts to thicken you can put in either large or small tart cases (very easy to make) and bake.
                  The thicker mixture is easier to handle and cooks a bit firmer.
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Damm Tip, that sounds good, love Custard Pie!
                    Thought ya were gonna post a Led Zep video for us on first read.
                    SCOTT!!! LMAO!!

I have never had a custard pie... its seems I am missing out... I do whip up a killer creme brulee tho... Thanks for sharing another one of your cherished recipes. I had a conversation with someone yesterday about this place and how we here on the west coast, the ones who grew up here, really don't have a grounding in the old ways of food like most of you do in other parts of the country. I shared with her how treasured this place is because you share your knowledge with the rest of us and it pays it self forward. Tip you have been instrumental in teaching me, and sharing a bit of the past with me and my children. This place is just priceless, Thanks again Chief!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Sorry if I did not explain myself enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC0nF9_bfiI
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        Sorry if I did not explain myself enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC0nF9_bfiI
                        NO need for an explaination.. who would not know that song????
                        I just listened to it myself.. great stuff right there!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

NO need for an explaination.. who would not know that song????
                          Maybe those of us who just don't rate led zeppelin ? and have never heard it or heard of it, lol
                          I mena black dog and stairway to heaven are pretty good - but you can keep the rest :-)
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                          X