Below zero smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below zero smoke

I'll have a few pics tommorro but I smoked the 10 lbs trail bologna and the 15 summer that I stuffed yesterday also stuffed 25lbs of fresh wildrice brats and i think thiere the tastiest I've ever done. the smoke wasnt without problems with the wind and temps today.the trail bologna turned out just about perfect but hthe summer got a little hot on the ends and shrunk pretty bad. taste is awsome but the looks arent very pretty .hope thier good enoughto give for xmas? did I mention it was 9 below this morning ? to cold. later Bill
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
    did I mention it was 9 below this morning ?
    I worked in MN for several years out in that cold. The worst spell was over 30 consecutive days @ -21 or better. Get your snivelin over now cuz you know its not gonna warm up till june...

Yeah you Minnisotians are a tough bunch.
    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

I was born and lived in Mn.

Sure am glad I moved to Florida
      "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
      PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Its cold here... but dang dude...Brrrrrrrrr....thats COLD!
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

I gotta say...anything below 0 I'm staying in! I have done it, but it's sooo darn hard keeping temps up, and somewhat even in the smoker if you DO keep them up.
          Almost glad I live in balmy Michigan ;{)
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Vlap View Post
            I was born and lived in Mn.

Sure am glad I moved to Florida
            knew there was a reason you catch all them fish!!!

way to go bill on the smoke... everyones thinking holy crap below zero... and were thinking up here i wonder if its gonna get cold this winter!!! lol
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post

way to go bill on the smoke... everyones thinking holy crap below zero... and were thinking up here i wonder if its gonna get cold this winter!!! lol
              funny how after a week of -0 it warms up to +15 & you're digging out the shorts & t-shirts. been there done that..
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

I can't take that cold anymore, so when it gets bad I just stay inside. We lived in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for eight years. It wasn't unusual to see -54 a few times in the winter.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yep.I spent 4-6 grades in Alaska.When the 100 m.ph. winds would come on it was a bit chilly.I did like the fact we had a outdoor ice rink at the elementary school.

Nothing stops my smokes these day,but a slip on the ice....

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
                    I'll have a few pics tommorro but I smoked the 10 lbs trail bologna and the 15 summer that I stuffed yesterday also stuffed 25lbs of fresh wildrice brats and i think thiere the tastiest I've ever done. the smoke wasnt without problems with the wind and temps today.the trail bologna turned out just about perfect but hthe summer got a little hot on the ends and shrunk pretty bad. taste is awsome but the looks arent very pretty .hope thier good enoughto give for xmas? did I mention it was 9 below this morning ? to cold. later Bill

Man, we got a rash of ugly summer sausage getting made around here. lets just keep it for ourselves Bill.
                    Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                      Man, we got a rash of ugly summer sausage getting made around here. lets just keep it for ourselves Bill.
                      You still sulking???
                      sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
                        You still sulking???
                        No
                        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          I gotta say...anything below 0 I'm staying in! I have done it, but it's sooo darn hard keeping temps up, and somewhat even in the smoker if you DO keep them up.
                          Almost glad I live in balmy Michigan ;{)
                          Rich I cant argue that at all it was a reall pain and the smoker was all over the place on temps.
                          Originally posted by erain View Post

you got it Erain and I woud'nt want to live anywhere else
                          Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                          Mine were a little on the ugly side but I brought them to work today and my boss cut into em and handed me a hundred bucks for the bunchI guess looks dont count for everythingAnyway heres a couple pics of the fresh brats and the sausage so cold you cant hardley see through the outside steam but still worked out anyway. later Bill
                          Attached Files
                          2-22.5'' weber
                          1-18'' weber
                          1 smokey joe
                          22.5'' wsm
                          24'' smoke vault
                          1-outhouse
                          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
                            I worked in MN for several years out in that cold. The worst spell was over 30 consecutive days @ -21 or better. Get your snivelin over now cuz you know its not gonna warm up till june...

Yeah you Minnisotians are a tough bunch.
                            The same here except I worked on a Coast Guard Cutter removing navigation buoys and breaking ice during the winter on Lake Superior (Edmund Fitzgerald anyone). Oh yea, I worked outside on deck. Retired to my TX and do not miss any of it!!

Comment

That is purty danged cold. I really don't consider myself old at 52 7/8's. But I not long ago would go Ice fishin, stay out all day long, drink frozen beer and not even have to wear gloves much, and if a perch dropped off my line and fell back into the hole, I would dip in and pull that sucker out if it was decent size.

Comment

Working...
                              X