Sourdough Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough Bread

This was supposed to read "sourdough bread and rolls". I'm still having trouble with photobucket, but finally got one pic to upload. Made two dozen rolls and these two loaves. I'll post the rest of the pics if I can get them uploaded.

sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Dam those look good! and just in time for breakfast.
    JT

Comment

Those do look good. Nice job on the slashing too. I've deflated my share.

Tom

Comment

Those are beautiful! I'm enjoying some as we speak. Mmm mmm mm I don't think you could ever have too much sourdough. Awesome bread Bassman
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
          Those do look good. Nice job on the slashing too. I've deflated my share.
          I could have waited another 30 minutes before slashing. I had too much going on to be baking bread too. I did come out rustic looking as I had planned.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            I could have waited another 30 minutes before slashing.
            Hmm as a clueless one... slashing? Makes those cool squares, eh. OK soo you have to do that during baking?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Hmm as a clueless one... slashing? Makes those cool squares, eh. OK soo you have to do that during baking?
              Rich, you want to slash just before using the egg wash and putting in the oven. I had set these outside while I went to an appointment. Upon returning, I brought them back inside to finish raising (it was 11 degrees outside). I just didn't let them raise as much as I should have before slashing so when they raised in the oven, they actually over raised a bit making it look like I cut deeper than normal.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Rich, "slashing" controls the tearing of the loaf due to "oven spring." Sourdough especially, has a tendency to rip itself apart as is rises, sometimes way beyond what we think it will, as it bakes. This way we can somewhat control where it will tear and it gives it a nice rustic look.

Tom

Comment

Wow Bassman , those puppies look beautiful. Great
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                  X