smoked hot pepper pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked hot pepper pickles

I enjoy pickles and found by smoking hot peppers that I have sliced in half retaining as much of the seeds as possible and then putting them in to jars of sliced pickles and letting set for several days it imparts a smokey flavor along with some decent heat. and of course you can eat the pepper also. great on burgers and roast beast sammies. and snackin on them is pretty good also.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Guess I never tried the smoked... but I commonly toss a couple dried cayannes, or a few japs in a jar of baby dills :{) Did a hab once... phew...a bit much for me.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Kyote, how long do you keep them in jars, weeks or day to get the flavor?
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Dunno about Bill but a week or so and the flavor is there. A month is all yer gonna get I think. Valasic's baby dills are GREAT with a bit of the cayanne!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great idea!.. I'll have to try it.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds good Bill, haven't tried that yet. I have smoked alot and this year pickled a decent amount. But, never tweeners

I pickled thai dragons and serranos this year for the first time ever. I have to admit, the thai's are being eaten as fast as I put them out and I have yet to break open the serranos yet.

Will have to play around with this more next year. Thanks for the heads up
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
              Kyote, how long do you keep them in jars, weeks or day to get the flavor?
              Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Dunno about Bill but a week or so and the flavor is there. A month is all yer gonna get I think. Valasic's baby dills are GREAT with a bit of the cayanne!
              heck I start munching them the next day. but like Richtee said. that works. But I make em hot use the big mason jars so I can get more peppers in as they taste good also mixed with pickle juice. and end up putting them on the sammie also.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                Sounds good Bill, haven't tried that yet. I have smoked alot and this year pickled a decent amount. But, never tweeners

I pickled thai dragons and serranos this year for the first time ever. I have to admit, the thai's are being eaten as fast as I put them out and I have yet to break open the serranos yet.

Will have to play around with this more next year. Thanks for the heads up
                I am surpised Pete that you have not been doing it. glad I found something you can use.

Comment

any one try this yet?

Comment

No,but i sure as hell will come next garden.....Thanks!!!!!

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                    any one try this yet?

Comment

Louie keeps chipotles in the freezer....always add one to the pickles. Even when we can....Do like it!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        :{) Did a hab once... phew...a bit much for me.
                        Wimp!

Been makin hot dills for years. Fresh that is. Never added peppers to store bought pickles though...never used smoked peppers in my homemade dills...yet...sounds like a great idea...Id give ya points but the points cops wont let me...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X