Freezer Conversion Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer Conversion Mods

I have changed my original smoke generation on my freezer conversion. I originally had a Little chief box with a hot plate. This worked, but the Little Chief box proved to be too small for the hot plate and held and reflected heat back onto the hot plate too much. I even burned up a hot plate once. So I now have a larger cabinet which was a computer printer box originally. I also got rid of my pusher fan. It was blowing smoke back into the generator box just as much as the smoker no matter how I tweaked my induction fin. I don't think it added to the air circulation in the smoker enough to matter this way either. I haven't given up on it totally. I have also added a Smoke Daddy style generator. Thank you Travcoman for the assistance with this project. Still tweaking the airflow, and fuel combo on this, but I'm confident it will work out. Finally, added fire brick to the bottom, and have a perforated diffuser plate in the works. I did 50# of salami and thuringer yesterday in -15 deg. weather and the smoker achieved and held temps beautifully. Although it did take 15 hours to reach 155 deg. on the sausages. You can tell from the pics that it is appropriate that it was a freezer in its former life.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Nice work Mule! The generator will come round, just takes some tunin is all. Works great to!
    sigpic

Comment

Good job guys. Nice to know there are helpful folks around that don't let egos get in the way.
      to both of ya's.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X