Chocolate Guinness Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Guinness Cake

I came across this recipe while looking at stuff for the St. Patricks Day contest. Looks pretty good. I will have to give it a shot soon.

***This was copied/pasted from here:
    http://myfeasts.blogspot.com/2008/12...ness-cake.html

Chocolate Guinness Cake

The cake pan should be lined with buttered parchment paper ( I have used spring form pan here). The cake batter will be runny and once the cake is baked the middle of the cake will sink ever so slightly. Cut butter into small pieces if it is cold.

1 cup Guinness stout
    3/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 cup plus 2 Tb unsalted butter
    2 cups granulated sugar
    3/4 cup sour cream
    2 eggs
    1 Tb pure vanilla extract
    2 cups all purpose flour
    2 1/2 tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Line a 9 inch pan cake pan ( I used a spring form pan). Line pan should be buttered.

Whisk sour cream, eggs, salt and vanilla in a bowl and set aside.

Gently heat Guinness Stout and butter in a medium pan until butter is melted. Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar. Add the sour cream mixture into the Guinness mixture and mix until well combined.
    Add in flour and baking soda to this mixture.

Pour batter into the lined cake pan and bake for 50 minutes for an hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
    Cool cake on rack. Serve with cream cheese icing, whipped cream or just a light dusting of confectioners' sugar right before serving. This cake keeps well. If you are planning to refrigerate the cake, bring it cake to room temperature before serving.
    Last edited by wutang; 02-17-2009, 04:50 PM.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

yep

came across that same recipe doing the same thing. looks good
    Bob
    South Louisiana
    Old New Braunfuls offset
    Charcol ECB
    09 MES 40

Comment

My wife makes a Guinness cake as well. It is so dang moist ,but it is not exactly the same recipe, her recipe is called a black and tan if I am not mistaken. Very similar though. Sooo good!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

When I get a hankerin' for a Guinness, I tell them not to wait for the "settle". Bring it to me half foam..it IS like a milkshake!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          When I get a hankerin' for a Guinness, I tell them not to wait for the "settle". Bring it to me half foam..it IS like a milkshake!

True that Richtee.....yummy
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X