Vacuum Packer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Packer

hey guys just bought this at wally world for $50.00 , never heard of this brand and thought maybe some of you guys have and what do you think....is it worth the $50.00 or should i return it.....the foodsavers were like $100 or more.....and will any brand bags work
    Attached Files
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

I've never seen one of those but you should check with rowdy ray and see if he has any food sealers for sale.I bought my backup sealer from him for like 15 or 20 bucks and use it as much as my 150 doller one. bill
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Mike, I have heard of that brand, but don't know anything about them. I personally am on my 3rd FOODSAVER brand Vacuum Packer, going back 20+ years. The FOODSAVER brand bags are pretty spendy though!

I did find a place that sells bags that have worked perfectly with the FOODSAVER brand machine so far for me, but cost A WHOLE LOT LESS than FOODSAVER brand bags....... It is WWW.vacnsac.com

Personally, I would think long & hard about taking it back & going for a FOODSAVER brand machine. Just my opinion..... Good Luck!
      sigpic

Comment

fish
        if this is a good unit im keeping it...the foodsavers are expensive and if this can do the job i happy spending the $50...i just never heard of it or know anyone that has used one
        Mike
        Oklahoma City
        Weber 22.5 Performer
        GOSM 3405gw
        Boomer Sooner Drum
        Maverick ET-732
        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Mike, not that I have any personal preference on which one you choose, just looked on Amazon, being curious about the reviews on the seal-a-meal. My parents had one YEARS ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Rival-VS110-Se...owViewpoints=1
          sigpic

Comment

Got one over 25 years ago as a wedding gift, never used it much and sold it at a garage sale. As I recall, they were mainly a leftovers saver. Not sure how they would be for longterm freezing and storage. As I recall, the bags were designed to be dropped into boiling water and reheat the leftovers. I would think if it vacuums well and seals well, that is all that really matters. That being said, I too really am pleased with my FoodSaver, as are most everyone I know of that has one. They can be found relatively inexpensively on the Ebay, and elsewhere on the web.
            sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Sorry I was busy smoking up Christmas goodies.

Mike, those used to suck. But those and Foodsavers are now made by the same parent company. I've bought and sold several of those now. Many of the parts are identical to Foodsaver. They're not bad units. Just make sure you don't fill the tray and suck any fluids into it.

Don't have anything better than that for sale at the moment. I actually have the same one here now, but need to rob a heat strip out of another to make it sellable. Got another like the vacupak, but need to order new seals for it.
              Last edited by RowdyRay; 12-20-2009, 11:23 PM.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

thanks ray
                it comes with a drip tray so i will keep a watch and make sure it doesnt get too fulll.....thats kinda cool that they are made by the same parent company as foodsaver......thanks for the help
                Mike
                Oklahoma City
                Weber 22.5 Performer
                GOSM 3405gw
                Boomer Sooner Drum
                Maverick ET-732
                A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Working...
                X