Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas Gift (PID)

I finallly go it!!!

A proportional–integral–derivative controller (PID controller): a generic control loop feedback mechanism (controller) widely used in industrial control systems. A PID controller calculates an "error" value as the difference between a measured process variable and a desired setpoint. The controller attempts to minimize the error by adjusting the process control inputs. The PID parameters used in the calculation must be tuned according to the nature of the system.

Not exactly sure what all that means... but it seems to work pretty good so far. Havent smoked for a long time and thought id try out my early christmas gift on my sausage smoke house... before I do sausage next week.
    This baby is supposed to keep the temp within +/-1 deg f, and so far it is!!!
    With my old thermostat it would fluctuate 20 degrees creating inconsistant temps (Im Anal). Only complaint is it took 2hrs to get up 250... but once there it is stable. I think I should have pre heated the smoke house before programing the pid?

Trying it out on my 1st brisket! we'll keep you posted on my findings and learings!

Cool!

I've tuned PID loops for lumber kiln controllers and a wood fired boiler in my former job. Very time consuming but once you get them dialed in to the reality of your operating environment they ROCK!!

Have fun with it.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

This thing rocks!!! It is so accurate and programable to different times and temps...it is gonna be great!!! to bad it is worth more than my white trash smoker by a long shot..

Comment

What he say?

What did he say? LOL
        Happy ya got that kinda control.....
        Man I can not think about that kind of control....Happy for ya how many clams that run?
        sigpic

Comment

what he say?

What did he say? sorry I can't follow that

Glad ya have it but I guess I dont need or would know what to do with that much control.....Love my UDS...
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X