Peanut Toffee, Bassman Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Toffee, Bassman Style

Been checking out Keith's (Bassman) recipe for a while on Almond Toffee. I decided to go for it, but instead use Peanuts. I must say, although I do not make a lot of sweet stuff, this is probably the best sweet stuff I have ever made... Tastes like "Peanut Roca" to me...... Fantastic Keith! Thanks for sharing the recipe.... OH YEAH... It's SUPER EASY & QUICK!

A lot of you may already have the stuff at home to make this, but if you don't, pick it up..... Then on that night that you don't have any sweet desert to snack on.... mix this up....

I will post Keith's recipe below in quotations. (I cut the recipe in 1/2 & used peanuts & did not use the Chocolate chips, should have doubled it )

If I missed something Keith, please feel free to let me know & I will include it.

Bassman's Almond Toffee

2 Cups Real Butter
    2 Cups Sugar
    2 Cups Sliced Almonds
    6 Tbsp Water
    2 Tbsn Corn Syrup
    1/2 Tsp Vanilla
    Chocolate Chips for coating

"Melt butter, add sugar, blend in Almonds, water, syrup and vanilla. Cook to 300 degrees. Spreand onto buttered cookie sheet (LARGE). When cooled, wipe top with paper towel to remove butter. Melt chocolate and spread over top. I sprinkle ground almonds over top of chocolate (whirled in food processor). Break in pieces. Just to add to the original recipe, after the chocolate cools, I turn it over and spread chocolate on the opposite side also. Then break into pieces".

Melted Butter, then ingredients added as noted & starting to bring up heat.

Bringing to a boil, then up to 300*, stirring constantly.

Poured out onto cookie/pizza sheet

Cover with crushed Peanuts

Let cool, then break into pieces.... Oh Yeah!
    sigpic

Looks good so far Scott. Can't wait to see the final results. You know, when you get it stuffed. Are you using natural casing for this one?

Tom

Comment

Yikes, that looks so decadent... I would love it... I think that goes with just about everything I can think of... my first thoughts were a nice glass of champagne.. second thought was crumbled on top of ice cream.. third thought was crumbled up on top of anything!
      Thanks for the post Scott! Now known as the "candyman"
      How do ya get that into a sausage casing?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

That looks good even without the almonds and chocolate! If you had told me you wanted peanut brittle, I would have posted my Buttery Peanut Brittle recipe!
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Oh,Man.Can i have a hunk a that...........

Comment

Gonna hafta try that....looks good!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
              Looks good so far Scott. Can't wait to see the final results. You know, when you get it stuffed. Are you using natural casing for this one?
              Sorry Tom, forgot the rest... Grind with coarse plate & stuff into Chocolate casings!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Sorry Tom, forgot the rest... Grind with coarse plate & stuff into Chocolate casings!

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X