Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waring food slicer FS800

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/...ml?ref=froogle
    Sorrry, I was PMed about the FS800 and deleted the PM and forgot whom asked about it.
    Recieved mine a while back. opened it yesterday and cleaned it. today I sliced a pit ham #10. for a home slicer. it worked sweet. sliced the ham with ease. and is a lot differnt then the model FS150, put together a little better. guess that is why it is discontinued.

it states that the motor should run for only ten minutes. not a problem. just shut her off and pack what I had cut then start slicening again. I have a 20lb block of provelone will do it in the morning. I expect no problem with it.

the problem I found with it is cleaning. it does not come apart to clean. But what does. and with a cloth with warm / hot water it wiped down fine. had to use a tooth pick in a couple areas. then sprayed with a disenfectent. and rewiped. good to go. I had a hobart, huge commercial slicer. gave it to a friend 15 years ago. wish I had it back.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
    http://www.appliancesconnection.com/...ml?ref=froogle
    Sorrry, I was PMed about the FS800 and deleted the PM and forgot whom asked about it.
    Recieved mine a while back. opened it yesterday and cleaned it. today I sliced a pit ham #10. for a home slicer. it worked sweet. sliced the ham with ease. and is a lot differnt then the model FS150, put together a little better. guess that is why it is discontinued.

it states that the motor should run for only ten minutes. not a problem. just shut her off and pack what I had cut then start slicening again. I have a 20lb block of provelone will do it in the morning. I expect no problem with it.

the problem I found with it is cleaning. it does not come apart to clean. But what does. and with a cloth with warm / hot water it wiped down fine. had to use a tooth pick in a couple areas. then sprayed with a disenfectent. and rewiped. good to go. I had a hobart, huge commercial slicer. gave it to a friend 15 years ago. wish I had it back.
    I didn't know that they discontinued it. They still show it on their website and it is available from a number of other sites. I have been looking at it as a possible option. Seemed heavier and of better quality (at least in photos) than some of the other more common slicers; LEM, Cabelas, etc. but obviously not in a league with a Hobart or Berkel.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Thanks for the review Yote. That was my PM you deleted...

Glad to here its workin well for ya cause I just ordered mine two days ago. Found a place to get it for 150 plus shipping. Most places are out of stock or backordered but it doesnt seem to be discontinued or unavailable...yet...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

When I first tried ordering the FS800 several of the company's said that it was discontinuied. and that waring was not going to make it any more. and the FS150 took it's place.
        But after looking further at other on line company's for the FS800 there was still a lot out there. and most ship it for free. I just googled in waring FS800 there are plenty out there. And like mentioned earlier. I found it to be a great little food slicer. Oh! and the blade is german. and that thing is sharp

I looked all over Smoke Freak to see where the message was. and could not remember who sent it.lol. any how, you should enjoy it. we just have to keep in mind that we can not cut firewood and quarter elk with it.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

The fs150 looks to be the lightweight little brother of the fs800. Not so much a replacement but a step down...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X