What to do with another turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with another turkey?

We just got back into town and found out that we have a free turkey waiting for us to pick up. Since Thanksgiving, I've already had it with "normal" seasonings fried, smoked and smoked-oven baked and in the middle of those I had leftovers. I need to change it up!

I was thinking of injecting with something spicy, maybe Frank's Sauce and then deep frying. Or injecting Cajun seasoning and rub it down with Cajun seasoning and deep fry. Or half and half.

Any other ideas? I want something with a bit of a kick to it and I'll probably fry it this time since everything is ready to go.

....maybe Franks and garlic oil combo?

smoked turkey tamales??

i have another 23# bird & the wife turned green when i suggested turkey for new years.
    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
    cast iron Hibachi
    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
    & rotisserator
    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
    my music recordings-
    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Inject with Cajuninjector's Hot-n-spicy and sprinkle their Cajun shake liberally and deep fry. Good stuff!
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Grind it up?? Sausage, burgers maybe?
        JT

Comment

Clean and get rid of all the the fat you can find on it. cut it in half then smoke it on high heat for about 1.5 to 2 hours. then Put a meat clever to it. bring enough chicken broth or stock to a boil. simmer that turkey for a hour or so. then add chopped carrots, onions, celery, I love Yucca in the pot if you can find it and it is fresh. one habenero sliced in half. make a pot of rice on the side then add to your bowl of soup. I like to get some oil really hot put the rice in and keep stirring untill brownish then add warm water and bring back to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes let rest with lid on for ten minutes uncover and stir then make a bowl of soup and add a couple spoons of rice in the soup then CBP over the top and some splashes of Pickapepper hot sauce on it and some fresh saltines.(fresh chopped cilantro over it is a good thing also) always seems to hit the spot on a cold day.
          which it is here today 28o out side with 4" of snow on the ground and it is coming down hard. weather warning till 1400 hours today.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
            Clean and get rid of all the the fat you can find on it. cut it in half then smoke it on high heat for about 1.5 to 2 hours. then Put a meat clever to it. bring enough chicken broth or stock to a boil. simmer that turkey for a hour or so. then add chopped carrots, onions, celery, I love Yucca in the pot if you can find it and it is fresh. one habenero sliced in half. make a pot of rice on the side then add to your bowl of soup. I like to get some oil really hot put the rice in and keep stirring untill brownish then add warm water and bring back to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes let rest with lid on for ten minutes uncover and stir then make a bowl of soup and add a couple spoons of rice in the soup then CBP over the top and some splashes of Pickapepper hot sauce on it and some fresh saltines.(fresh chopped cilantro over it is a good thing also) always seems to hit the spot on a cold day.
            which it is here today 28o out side with 4" of snow on the ground and it is coming down hard. weather warning till 1400 hours today.
            Dang 'Yote, that sounds good. I think I'll thaw a turkey and try that.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              Inject with Cajuninjector's Hot-n-spicy and sprinkle their Cajun shake liberally and deep fry. Good stuff!
              I'm for that!....ain't had a fried one in a long time!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

How about some Turkey Brat's?
                sigpic

Comment

Guess I need to eat something spicy...that's the only thing I can think about right now! Then I can look at the rest of these ideas in a more neutral light.

Sort of like going to the grocery store when you're hungry and getting one of everything.

I'm starting to think half and half now. Wonder how that will come out?

Comment

grind 'n' slice.

turkey snackstix and turkey jerky :-)
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by smokeguy View Post
                      Guess I need to eat something spicy...that's the only thing I can think about right now! Then I can look at the rest of these ideas in a more neutral light.

Sort of like going to the grocery store when you're hungry and getting one of everything.

I'm starting to think half and half now. Wonder how that will come out?
                      half and half eh... turkey stroganoff???

that soup kyote mentioned sounds good, add some homestyle noodles too and/or some egg flour dumplings.
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I picked it up today and boy I'm always amazed at how cheap they are. Big ol' 14.5 # bird for $10.01. Had the free turkey coupon for $10, so it cost me 1 cent. Of course, up to 8% is salt water....

I like the grind/stuff idea and have to try that soon. Just made a tasty turkey soup and still have a bit left frozen. That 1/2 and 1/2 idea just won't get out of my (admittedly small!) brain though.

I'm going to inject half with Cajun Injector's Creole Garlic and since it's a mild version I'll add some Cajun seasoning or red pepper to the injection depending on what it tastes like. I can put some up under the skin too.

The other side - my wife wants me to try injecting apple cider so I'll do that along with some butter/oil and hopefully she'll let me add some sort of heat too.

Then into the fryer for about 50 minutes. I'm sort of wondering if the tastes will bleed into each other, or the breast bone will stop the migration.

Comment

Working...
                        X