Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Blizard of 2009

Guess I won't be smoking today.

Last edited by Okie joe; 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM.
    sigpic

Hmmm why not? Well, the sun is down here... so what about tonight?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

now dont let a little snow slow ya down... just kiddin'... i hope that it thaws soon.

we are 17 inches above normal for rain this year most of it coming in the last couple of months... this last weekend i had to put 2x8 across the swamp that used to be our backyard to get to the smokers...
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh...NOW I get it. Break out the cheese for smoking! Sheesh...ya nancy!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yeah, It's snowing here now... Hmmm Snow twice in less than a week in Dallas Texas... I really think some of these, The Sky Is Falling people and there Global Warming need a big cup of Shut The Hell Up!!

Other than that... Fire up the smoker and help add to this global warming problem...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

No snow!...had a lil frost this morning....then into the low 50's. Dust that snow off & get after it!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

man i was smoking the next day here in oklahoma city and we had 14 inches of snow..i had to dig out my big smoker...see pics below

and right now its snowing again..they're sayin we should get another 2-5 inches

if i can do it you can too.....start smokin.....
              Mike
              Oklahoma City
              22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
              Weber 22.5 Performer
              GOSM 3405gw
              Boomer Sooner Drum
              Maverick ET-732
              Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

i feel for ya'll it snows 1" here in coastal va and everything shuts down...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                  i feel for ya'll it snows 1" here in coastal va and everything shuts down...
                  Ya.. lived in Va Beach 5 yrs. You are correct. I'm finding Tulsa reactions and capability to deal with it at about the same level as Tidewater. But since it is so rare why bother? Oh, well.... sit home and fire the smoker up until God's snow plow comes by. (above freezing overnight low temps -- Ha)

PS - I left my shovel in Michigan so only moved snow off the back patio for the UDS to be used. Our neighborhood roads are still terrible.
                  Glen
                  Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
                  KCBS CBJ
                  Blue Thermopen
                  Profile:
                  http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

"the smoker is a n#@$@#"
                    "what did he say?"
                    "why he said the smoker is near"

Ok sorry but I couldn't resist!

Sorry about all that nasty weather! I hope you electricity stays on and you all stay warm and safe!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nuthin that a broom and a shovel cant handle.................. Shoot, we wouldnt be doin ANY smokin from mid Dec to mid Mar if we let few little "white thingies" get in our way.........

Hope everything aok there fer ya!
                      Last edited by Crewdawg52; 12-30-2009, 08:11 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

16" Christmas here with 4' to 6' snowdrifts, near zero degrees since, another inch last night, another 1.5" today, New Years Eve dropping to 2 and New Years Day dropping below zero. another 1" to 2" forecasted for this weekend. My smokers are completely buried except for the gourmet electric that I put in the barn. Unfortunately the barn is 200' feet from the house. Too far to carry meat. So I won't be smoking anytime soon either. Although, we are thinking of moving our Ne Years clebration to the barn...its my idea anyhow. Wife and some friends aren't too excited about stretching out on bales with a wood stove nearby. Heck, no big deal for me. Done it many times. What does she think I am doing out there most days like this?

You guys in OK will get your snow melted soon and you'll be back in business. But, like your picture shows, a drum just don't look to happy with a few inches resting on top and around it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Sheesh...ya nancy!
                          I'm sorry, that line just always cracks me up
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm surely getting to hate winter the older I get too. The up side to it is plenty of natural refrigeration
                            sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                              "the smoker is a n#@$@#"
                              "what did he say?"
                              "why he said the smoker is near"
                              what in the wide wide world of sport is goin' on 'ere...

and how did ya sneak a blazin' saddles quote into a blizzard thread

well the cold finally got to the coast brrrr!!! ya'll coulda kept this stuff out west...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X