treats for man's best friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treats for man's best friend

Hey gang , been rather delinquent on posting any smokes , very busy this fall between my reg job and working all my days off processing deer and moose at my buddies shop thru sept and oct / nov .

I kept and froze a bunch of moose hip bones and meaty neck bones to smoke for my dog and some friends dogs ... they just can't get enough of them and spend countless hours just gnawing away .

This batch I hit with some uncle Chris' steak spice and smoked in the snp with a combo of sugar maple and oak .one more batch waiting for some free time .

here's the pic
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Here's my contribution to the family pooches.

That's the ends of snack sticks, brats, Italians, etc. for the indoor dogs
    The huntin' dawgs get all the raw bones.

Tom

Comment

GS my dog would love that but when he gets too much rich stuff, he pukes it all up; poor guy.

Now the late Sam, when he was about 2 or 3 gobbled a bunch up one day with no problem. There was a sale on kielbasa so I bought a bunch and true to myself ate a bunch of it right away. For some reason it went right through me and hit me while I was on the phone. Not wanting to interrupt the call I snuck into the bathroom and let a load go then so as to not give up my activity, I didn't flush it. Well I went out to the living room to continue the call when I heard this lapping sound coming from the bathroom.... I'll let you figure it out. True story; he loved it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Bill View Post
        GS my dog would love that but when he gets too much rich stuff, he pukes it all up; poor guy.

Now the late Sam, when he was about 2 or 3 gobbled a bunch up one day with no problem. There was a sale on kielbasa so I bought a bunch and true to myself ate a bunch of it right away. For some reason it went right through me and hit me while I was on the phone. Not wanting to interrupt the call I snuck into the bathroom and let a load go then so as to not give up my activity, I didn't flush it. Well I went out to the living room to continue the call when I heard this lapping sound coming from the bathroom.... I'll let you figure it out. True story; he loved it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
        I am SO sorry I read this post.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
          I am SO sorry I read this post.
          Hey, no pics didn't happen, right??

If there are no pics of you reading it, maybe it didn't happen.

One can only hope.

Dave
          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
          UDS 1.0
          Afterburner
          Weber Performer
          Blue Thermapen
          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
          Auber Smoker Controller
          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
          -
          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Well, I'm skipping breakfast...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

dude TMI... funny tho' disgustingly funny or maybe like a train wreck you just can't stop watching it or reading this
              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

i guess it's time to introduce the new pit hound to some real bones.good thing she can't reach the toilet.
                brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                cast iron Hibachi
                22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                & rotisserator
                12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                my music recordings-
                http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Nice! I just smoked up some dog treats as well...
                  Attached Files
                  I watched moist chunks of hand-chopped pig fall from my overstuffed sandwich as I thanked God for North Carolina. ~ Chris Lilly

Comment

To hell with the dogs! I'd chew on one of those bones for a while...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      To hell with the dogs! I'd chew on one of those bones for a while...
                      Hell yeah - and gunny's dog treats wouldn't last long round me either lol

You guys just spoil your dogs waaayy too much lol

Our ridgeback is now allergic to chicken - and yep most dog food and treats has chicken in it.
                      So I've been drying out some sliced wood pigeon breasts for her as snacks.
                      Next batch, I'm gonna marinade half and leave half as nature intended - that way I won't be tempted to eat hers :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        Hell yeah - and gunny's dog treats wouldn't last long round me either lol

You guys just spoil your dogs waaayy too much lol

Our ridgeback is now allergic to chicken - and yep most dog food and treats has chicken in it.
                        So I've been drying out some sliced wood pigeon breasts for her as snacks.
                        Next batch, I'm gonna marinade half and leave half as nature intended - that way I won't be tempted to eat hers :-)
                        And I suppose you kill it on the fly with one of those slings and a rock, right?

Tom

Comment

those look good...show my dog the pic and he is all over my keyboard....i need to do this for them
                          Mike
                          Oklahoma City
                          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                          Weber 22.5 Performer
                          GOSM 3405gw
                          Boomer Sooner Drum
                          Maverick ET-732
                          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                            those look good...show my dog the pic and he is all over my keyboard....i need to do this for them
                            hehehehehe .... they will love it , I can't eat anything outta the smoker without my dog at my side
                            sigpic
                            homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                              dude TMI... funny tho' disgustingly funny or maybe like a train wreck you just can't stop watching it or reading this
                              LOL my thoughts too Marcus!

Tim your smoker looks like its smoking a dino! great thread for the poochies, I am gonna have to do this for my EX-SIL dogs! Thank you for sharing!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X