Easy Chili Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Chili Recipe

I've tried many premixed chili seasonings, brown bag, darn good chili...etc. A friend of mine told me about this years ago, and have done it ever since. Can be done on the stove or in a crock pot all afternoon.

2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
    2 15 oz. cans of chili beans (red kidney beans in tom. sauce and chili seas.)
    1 46 oz. bottle of spicy V8 juice
    1/2 a large onion, diced
    1 to 2 lbs. browned ground meat (Turkey, beef, venison)
    Jalapenos or green peppers to taste
    chili powder and/or cumin to taste

Put all but the seasoning and meat into a large pot. Simmer until onions and/or peppers are tender. Add the meat and any additional seasoning. Simmer until desired taste and consistency.

I know some of you consider it sacrilege to put beans in chili. But here in MN, chili has beans. Didn't have any japs or peppers today, but I used fire roasted diced tomatoes, about a lb. of smoked pulled chuck, chili powder and a couple healthy dashes of Smitty's this time.

A little cheddar cheese and homemade corn bread, and it's dinner time! Thanks for checking out my warm you up from the inside, below zero, winter meal. Mmm mmm good. Way better than Campbells. Lol.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smarty beans or no beans like it either way
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

I'd eat a large bowl of that if I had some corn bread to go with it.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice Bowl of Chili, just right for a day like today...

Comment

Looks might fine RR.
          Chili around these parts have beans too. Brown (pinto) beans though. The only chili I've ever had with red beans is at the chili cook offs.
          Gonna try yours for sure though.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            Looks might fine RR.
            Chili around these parts have beans too. Brown (pinto) beans though. The only chili I've ever had with red beans is at the chili cook offs.
            Gonna try yours for sure though.
            I've only eaten and made it with the red beans. A buddy called today to gripe about the cold, and he had a pot of chili on too. Said he likes his with the pinto beans. May have to try that next time.

I like it because it's so easy, and only as spicy as you make it.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Yeah Man Double R! Beans belongsta chili!....Ummm can I have a...beer! Hook me up with that gig anyday!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
              X