Meat-Za

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat-Za

Saw this on/in a Low-Carb cookbook or website, it is basically a pizza without the crust!..... I would bet some of you or most of you have seen this before, or something similar.......... Sounded really good & always wanted to try it..... IT IS GOOD, but I think it could be even better..... "Crust" I made was 80/20 ground chuck..... spread out thinly on a pizza pan, that shrunk up quite a bit...... Next time i will try 93/7 or leaner ground beef & spread even thinner... Hopefully a little less shrinking..... Baked the meat "crust" @ 400* for about 5-7 minutes..... Drained fat & moisture off the pizza pan, then let set for a couple minutes.... Apply pizza sauce (Homemade or canned), sliced mushrooms, sliced olives, Pepperoni & Cheese..... Bake @ 400 for about 8-10 minutes, then under broiler for about 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted to your liking.. (I prefer a little browning of the cheese) ..... Let sit for about 3-5 minutes, slice & serve!

Here's the "Crust"

The start of the topping application

All "topped up" and ready to bake, then broil

Here's a slice a little later, separated to show the internal stuff.... YUM!
    sigpic

some one was just describing this to me on new years eve and i thought no way... you made it look great
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Marcus, the finished picture sucked.... We were too busy eating it, I managed to keep a slice in tact.... It was ... ummmm... really good....
      sigpic

Comment

Scott that looks great may have to try that

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

I'll be damned! An anti-vegetarian pizza! How cool is that!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great Scott!
            The woman who won the BBq contest I entered did a pizza but the crust was a london broil! That seemed a bit much to me, but yours may have changed me mind!! Yummy!! great post!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

All meat, I'm lovin' that.

Tom

Comment

a bun-less burger !
                like it :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I saw that recently too and have been meaning to smoke one on the UDS. Definately something that is on my to-do list.
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

I've never seen this or even considered it before, , ,but I promise I'll be doing it soon. Endless possibilities. Like an inside-out, Flat Fatty!! for sharin a great idea.

JT
                    JT

Comment

Too kool........ Nice change up.
                      I'll be doing one soon.
                      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                      22" webber
                      several burners
                      pool/spa (of course)
                      sigpic

Comment

Gonna hafta try dat! Looks & sounds Rock on Right!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

being diabetic , i try to do some meals from one of my diabetic cookbooks and in their pizza section they have this reciepe calling for a crustless pizza never had made it but was going to one day , now since you have done it im going to have to do it now..that looks really good....
                          Mike
                          Oklahoma City
                          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                          Weber 22.5 Performer
                          GOSM 3405gw
                          Boomer Sooner Drum
                          Maverick ET-732
                          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Working...
                          X