Our first comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first comp

Team Whisky fish has it's first competition in April. Unfortunately, it's a Chili cook off. I have been workin on my chili forever and have never found the magic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only things I know is that it's amature and with beans, without, and vegetarian.
    The cool part is it's a Fire fighter/Cerebral Palsey event and they are tryin to go statewide.
    Any and all input welcome. It's outta my comfort zone and I'm sure I'm stickin some smoked meat in there.(cept the vegetarian, , ,Maybe topped with smoked cheese?)

JT
    JT

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
    Team Whisky fish has it's first competition in April. Unfortunately, it's a Chili cook off. I have been workin on my chili forever and have never found the magic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only things I know is that it's amature and with beans, without, and vegetarian.
    The cool part is it's a Fire fighter/Cerebral Palsey event and they are tryin to go statewide.
    Any and all input welcome. It's outta my comfort zone and I'm sure I'm stickin some smoked meat in there.(cept the vegetarian, , ,Maybe topped with smoked cheese?)

JT
    Try to get some brisket into it. Thats magic.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

JT
      Are you kidding? That's not chili.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        Are you kidding? That's not chili.
        Well c'mon man tell me what is "Chili" that's why I'm askin

On Edit, , ,member, , , I am stuck in California
        JT

Comment

Good point... Ken will have some input, and perhaps SmokeDoc. I'm a chili neophyte.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

On Edit, , ,member, , , I am stuck in California
            LOL! yep stuck in Cali! Where it was like tank top and shorts weather today... Im just saying!

I am a cheater on my chili cuz I use a mix.... I have made beans in the do and smoked with hickory, they were delicious! But then that maybe to much smoke with smoke meat too.. I dunno? I love the smoked cheese idea.. it sounds like you need a super secret spice in there.. maybe some Smittys... its fireman event... and I know my bro and all his buds love that three alarm chili! maybe some smoke chipotes????

Good Luck with your first comp Team Whisky fish!! and make sure take a ton of pictures and post the event!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Chipotles, , ,Check, sister. And I got some Smittys in the mail with some Mad Hunky, , ,Check.
              All ears here.

Thanks

JT
              JT

Comment

I am stuck in California
                Sorry, I forgot.
                I like it with Pinto beans, lots of fresh veggies. Every chili cook off I've ever been to, the winners chili is usually too hot to enjoy. If the rules allow, which they won't, smoke some peppers at home first. All the events I've been to require everything to be store bought and opened at the event.

Tom

Comment

That answers a big question Tom. Didn't know whether to be afraid to heat it up or not. Got it. Thanks
                  JT

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    LOL! yep stuck in Cali! Where it was like tank top and shorts weather today... Im just saying!
                    Well, it's shorts weather here too. According to the weather lady, it's 0° with a wind chill of -20°. Seriously though, I wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt (while sitting by the fire), and slide into my lined Carhartt bibs and coat to do chores, then back to the shorts and the fire.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                      Well, it's shorts weather here too. According to the weather lady, it's 0° with a wind chill of -20°. Seriously though, I wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt (while sitting by the fire), and slide into my lined Carhartt bibs and coat to do chores, then back to the shorts and the fire.
                      thats cuz you da man Gunny! at zero.. you wouldnt get me out of my warm blankets let alone out to do chores!

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                        thats cuz you da man Gunny! at zero.. you wouldnt get me out of my warm blankets let alone out to do chores!
                        I did walk through the snow in flip flops to feed the rabiits yesterday. That hurt like hell. NEVER DO THAT!!

Tom

Comment

See you da man!!
                          Ok I am gonna add that to my long list of things not to do in thongs... ;)

Comment

Best of luck Whisky Fish on your comp.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            KCBS CBJ

Comment

I don't have it handy....but, look up Rudy Valdez 1978 World Champion Chili. I've made this many times and have done very well in contests with it too.
                              www.nopigleftbehind.com
                              -----------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X