Pulled Pork Enchiladas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Pork Enchiladas

I had some leftover Pulled Pork ( I held back a little from Mrs. Engineer’s Rock star smoke) that I wanted to make Enchiladas out of.

I started with these ingredients to make my own enchilada sauce. Sometimes I start with beef broth, but this time I started with a mushroom broth…it was excellent. Also used garlic and onion to taste.

I hydrate the chili’s in the broth and steep them until they are falling apart. Then they go into the RPM Blender (no kidding, my blender has a Tachometer!). I didn’t take a pic of the enchilada sauce, but here is a brine moving at 5000 RPM…you get the idea.

After the blender, this is what it looked like.

Mrs. Engineer said it was WAY to spicy…So I added some cream cheese to cut the heat a bit…much to my surprise, It worked really well!

It toned down the heat and the color. The flavor was excellent.

Pulled pork on a corn tortilla, added green and sweet onions

Cheese and a stripe of sauce.

Filled up the pan and then covered everything in sauce

More onions and more cheese….

Baked it till it the cheese was browning

Served with fresh Guacamole and I splashed on some Hot sauce that a buddy from up north sent down to me. It is good stuff!...Oh, and an ice cold Beer!

Thanks for checking our my leftover PP enchiladas.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Dang that looks good. I'm picky about guacamole, but nevertheless, looks very tasty.

Tom

Comment

That's about as pretty as they come! I haven't tried making my own sauce yet. Just use Old El Paso.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Very nice BBQE. for the post and from me...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Very nice. Im interested in the mushroom base and where can I find it...Im sure I can make sauce without a tach cant I?
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Nicely done!!!! I bet it was good too... How was the heat?? Mild?
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man that looks gooooood,

Do you have a good guacamole recipe Gunny?
              Chargriller Pro w. sfb
              Ducane 4100 propane grill
              Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Yeah Man.....that does look mighty tasty!....hmmm.....i got some PP in the freezer....
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Very nice. Im interested in the mushroom base and where can I find it...Im sure I can make sauce without a tach cant I?
                  Hey Smoke Freak,

I am a KCBS member, and they recently offered a FREE membership (did I mention that it was FREE!) to Restaurant Depot. They have a great meat counter and they also have stuff that I can't find anywhere else, like the mushroom base. It is like beef stock, but is mushroom. I really like it. Restaurant Depot also had RO Lump 17.6 lbs for $8.79.

My Blender - I had a POS blender that I always fought with, and it had all of these buttons on it...trouble is, it didn't have a "margarita" button on it, but it did have "Frappe"...What the heck is "Frappe"?? Mrs. Engineer got me this sleek little beauty...it is really powerful, and it only has an on/off button and a rheostat that controls the RPM. It will turn ice cubes into snow, and makes short work of enchilada sauce. Besides, the Tach is cool!
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    "Better Than Bouillion" Is the brand name we have around here. It comes in jars usually next to the soup section. It's a concentrate. They have an excellent selection, Clam, beef, chicken, lobster, veg, etc. . .
                    Albertsons is our local chain, but Vons and Ralphs also carries it. Oh yeah "Trader Joes" if ya got one. Product of Canada.
                    Hope you can find it locally. I use it all the time.bouillion.jpg
                    JT

Comment

Sorry Engineer,
                      Got side tracked on the mushroom question.
                      Excellent meal and great photography. I gotta work on mine.
                      JT

Comment

Nice job on the enchiladas, Engineer. I love them, but haven't had them with the pulled pork until recently. Man they're good.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
                          Man that looks gooooood,

Do you have a good guacamole recipe Gunny?
                          I do not. Do you have a good one? I'd like a good one. There are 2 Mexican restaurants that I've been to that have good guacamole sauce. One is nearby, and the other is a hole in the wall place in the old Fulton meat market in Chicago. Needless to say, since I don't drive OTR anymore, I don't get to Chicago much.

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          Besides, the Tach is cool!
                          Can't argue with that logic. The only thing that could make it better would be a bow-tie emblem.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post

Can't argue with that logic. The only thing that could make it better would be a bow-tie emblem.
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                              "Better Than Bouillion" Is the brand name we have around here. It comes in jars usually next to the soup section. It's a concentrate. They have an excellent selection, Clam, beef, chicken, lobster, veg, etc. . .
                              Albertsons is our local chain, but Vons and Ralphs also carries it. Oh yeah "Trader Joes" if ya got one. Product of Canada.
                              Hope you can find it locally. I use it all the time.[ATTACH]2771[/ATTACH]
                              I can get the beef and chicken at Walmart...need to look around for the others. Thanks.
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X