Green Chili and Gouda Chicken Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Chili and Gouda Chicken Roll

I was inspired by a chicken spendini post a week or so ago by BBQ Engineer, so here is my version of that.

Chicken Tenderloins flattened between plastic wrap using a rolling pen

Brushed with Yoshidas

First layer - combination of this year's roasted anahem and pablono peppers

Then a layer of Hickory smoked gouda

Last was some left over egg noodles...??... we'll see!

I rolled these and found this step to be much more challenging than any fattie I've ever done. I think it was due to using tenderloins (lots a smaller pieces) instead of breasts. I finally managed to finish, then stuck them in the freezer for 30 minutes before I bacon wrapped.
    Seasoned very modestly with S&P and garlic salt. On the grill now with some hickory smoke

Thanks for checking out my chicken roll.

Tracey

Looks like a fantastic start, for sure, can't wait for the finale!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Very interesting. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Geez....Walle.....yer rackin me brain!....That orta be right tasty!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sounds good to me. AND bacon wrapped too! Yum!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow Walle,

Can't wait to how this turns out. Anything Chicken and Green chili is high on my list. I can feel some points coming on for this one!
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
              Wow Walle,

Can't wait to how this turns out. Anything Chicken and Green chili is high on my list. I can feel some points coming on for this one!
              Hey, Thanks! BBQ E.
              Like I said, I'm just following your lead.

On the Barbie

Off the Barbie

Sliced

Plated

Overall - VERY GOOD, and they cooked extremely quick on the grill. The chicken and green chili were just meant to be!

Notes to self:
              *Been a while since I fired it up, so I went way to hot at first, probalby 400* for about 15 minutes. That melted a lot of the cheese out as you can see. Opened the lid, cooled it off to about 275 for another 20 minutes, then let them stand in the oven while we got everything else ready.
              *Figure out a sauce to go over them.
              *Do this again very soon!

Thanks for checking out my post.
              Tracey

Comment

That looks delicious! I have to give that a try.
                Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
                Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
                1 Maverick ET-73
                1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

I don't live that far away and my invitation still gets lost in the mail! I have to give you for a great looking plate.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

man that does look good...and you are right i think chicken and green chili go well together..... for the q-view and ideas
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Man, that's a winner! I haven't been able to get really good green chilies since I lived in Denver. They would bring them up in Tractor Trailers and take over the corner of parking lots to roast them. A Green Chili, Chicken and Mushroom stew was my absolute favorite to make with the Roasted Hatch chilis. You have hit all of those elements and then managed to slam it over the top with BACON and gouda Cheese. For that amazing effort you get a dancing sausage, a Drooling Guy, and .

Awesome innaugural smoke at S-M!
                      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Great idear therre..... would give you some points but do not have any PITA!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Damn! I am out too! SO I owe ya!
                          That is one great grill idea there, chix and green chilies are the bomb!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            I don't live that far away and my invitation still gets lost in the mail! I have to give you for a great looking plate.
                            Hey neighbor! Stop shooting the pigeons with little notes tied to their froze hooves! thanks for the points.

Originally posted by irishteabear View Post
                            That looks delicious! I have to give that a try.
                            HEY DAWN! Thank you very much.

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                            man that does look good...and you are right i think chicken and green chili go well together..... for the q-view and ideas
                            Thanks, Doc!

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                            Man, that's a winner! I haven't been able to get really good green chilies since I lived in Denver. They would bring them up in Tractor Trailers and take over the corner of parking lots to roast them. A Green Chili, Chicken and Mushroom stew was my absolute favorite to make with the Roasted Hatch chilis. You have hit all of those elements and then managed to slam it over the top with BACON and gouda Cheese. For that amazing effort you get a dancing sausage, a Drooling Guy, and .

Awesome innaugural smoke at S-M!
                            Thanks for the Points, BBQ E - glad you liked it.

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                            Great idear therre..... would give you some points but do not have any PITA!!!!!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                            Damn! I am out too! SO I owe ya!
                            That is one great grill idea there, chix and green chilies are the bomb!
                            Alx and BbqG~, thank you!! Have a question - what are you talking about PITA and being out of points? (Newbie showing through)

Thanks you all for everything. This site is everything my neighbor said it was - good friendly folks.
                            Tracey

Comment

Man there is no doubt those bad boys were good grub! Fantastic chicken 'n chili smoke! I also think the chicken 'n the chilis are the best of friends. Awesome combination
                              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X