Sweet Almonds and Spicy Cashews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Almonds and Spicy Cashews

While I had the smokers going today I also put in some nuts. I smoked some almonds and prepared them the way I usually do. After roasting in the smoker a while, I lightly coated them with honey and dusted with brown sugar. I also smoked some cashews that I coated in Frank's Red Hot sauce and then dusted in cayenne pepper.

Just after coating and seasoning

Then put them back in the smoker so the sugars could melt and hot sauce could dry a little. All done

The spicy cashews rocked! Not too hot, they were about as hot as your average buffalo wings but a good smoky flavor. The almonds were good too.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Dang the spicy cashews sound right on for me. I been schemeing on a cashew smoke but you got to it first. I WILL try that one...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

I goota do this again.

Comment

Looks great Adam. Like the idea of the honey and brown sugar. Thought about doing that to the next batch of Smoke Freak's spicy pecans. The seasoning doesn't want to stay on real well. It would help hold it there, plus you could add a little more heat and the sweet will balance it out. If you know what I mean.

How much honey/brown sugar did you use, and does it stick together real bad?
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
          Looks great Adam. Like the idea of the honey and brown sugar. Thought about doing that to the next batch of Smoke Freak's spicy pecans. The seasoning doesn't want to stay on real well. It would help hold it there, plus you could add a little more heat and the sweet will balance it out. If you know what I mean.

How much honey/brown sugar did you use, and does it stick together real bad?
          I moved the almonds to a bowl and drizzled in the honey and stirred, I used just enough honey to lightly coat the almonds. I have made the mistake in the past of using too much and having it burn when it goes back in the smoker. I then added a handful of brown sugar and stirred some more. Sorry I don't have more specific measurements, I just kinda eyeballed it. I do have to stir them a few times as they cool or they would stick together.
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

OMG Adam!
            Franks and dusted with cayenne??? Holy I'm in heaven kinda nut there!
            Im gonna have to try that perhaps some yummy finger food at the gathering!

Thanks Adam

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Just what I needed to see with racing right around the corner. I'm gonna get after this fine idea.....perfect with a cold one & my recliner & racin on da tube!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Man those cashews look really good. I like it.

Comment

I love smoked almonds! In all of the years that I have been messing with a smoker, It never occured to me that I could do my own. Boy do I feel stupid now! Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I'm going to try smoking those cashews. Sounds absolutely fantastic!
                    sigpic
                    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                    X