Smoked Crab and Andouille Stuffed Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Crab and Andouille Stuffed Mushrooms

Been wanting some stuffed mushrooms. Made them with a stuffing of crab, andouille sausage, oyster crackers, red bell pepper, onion, celery, eggs, old bay, salt, and garlic powder. Made some crab cakes with the leftover stuffing. Topped them with Monterey Jack, Colby, and Cheddar Cheese.

Last edited by Cajunsmoke13; 12-22-2015, 06:18 PM.
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Damn! I wanna crack a beer and dig in. Looks fantastic. for sure.
    JT

Comment

Congrats to you, you can really pack on the flavors and textures. Thanks for sharing ther great pics, it's like taste buds gone wild.. Point to you my friend.
      GOSM Big Block
      Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
      Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
      Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

That looks excellent, all the right "Food Groups" and is mouth watering looking!

Points Bro..

Comment

Well.....what can i say.....other than YGBSM! Them a awesome!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks. These really rock. Recipe is a keeper. Here it is.

Ingredients:
            35 fresh mushrooms
            1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
            2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
            2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
            1/2 pound crab claw meat
            2 cups oyster crackers crushed
            1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
            1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
            1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
            1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
            1/4 teaspoon salt
            1 egg
            1/2 cup water
            6 white cheddar cheese, slices

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400degrees F.

Saute celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.

While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems. Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere. Combine the sauteed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.

Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes. Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom. Cover with sliced cheese.

Comment

I need to stop coming in here after dinner, hungry all over again!

Comment

Cajun~
                Outstanding shrooms! I love the ones they have at Olive Garden, and have made a few bold but less than successful attemps from scratch..

The looks of yours blow them out of the water - gonna have to give them a whirl - thanks for the recipe - to ya for sharing.

PS: Where are the Stumps? Tell me you didn't throw away the stumps!

Tracey

Comment

All of it looks fantastic. Just super nice, man.

Tom

Comment

Oh my my, Oh hell yea, I have to do this....................... Great lookin Plate of shrooms.

Comment

I just opened this thread- did not look at a pict other than a drive by... down to the end and clicked the "Points" button. The title says it all. I really do NOT wanna see this now... I have the munchies...
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks to all. No, the stumps (Stems) were cut into pieces and added to the stuffing mixture, only half though. It doesn't mention the amount of butter on here. I doubled the entire recipe and used a whole stick of butter to soften the veggies. I added more Old Bay also.

Comment

Aaah Cajunsmoke! That is down right beautiful man!! Holy crab crammin' caps...WOO WEE!! That is going to be an awesome addition to the tummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
                          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

OH YES!!!
                            crab cakes... my favorite... I could eat em till I popped!
                            Thanks for the recipe.... I feel a smoke coming on!!! LOVE IT!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Just loving the crab to ya. Excellent job...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X