Smoked Beef Tostadahhhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Beef Tostadahhhhh!

I still had in the freezer Vac Paked, 3, .5 lb packs of smoked chuck from last summer. I took out 1 pack and made some fresh tortillas using instant masa, heat up the beef in a skillet with some taco seasoning and a couple froze whole red japs diced. Smeard some re-fried beans on the tortilla, a layer of chopped onions and the beef all topped with colby jack shredded cheese. No big deal really and I'll miss your beer butt chicken enchilada post Becky.

Heated in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes and served.

Dang, down to a pound of beef, still have 7-8 pounds of pulled pork left anyway.

They look good enough to eat (SEVERAL)!

Comment

Move over Man!....Dem are mine! Nice...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I like the hell outta that kind of stuff! I won't be making my own tortillas though.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Damn them look good Lee... I like that Idea....
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            Move over Man!....Dem are mine! Nice...
            Not if I get there first.

Looks great, Lee. Got some chuck in the freezer, may have to try that. Never thought about the tostadas.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Fresh tortillas? Dang, that is some good looking grub there. Pass me a plate and a Tecate and I am good to go...
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

good lookin stuff there lee....you just gave me some ideas of the left over brisket i have in the freezer.....
                Mike
                Oklahoma City
                22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                Weber 22.5 Performer
                GOSM 3405gw
                Boomer Sooner Drum
                Maverick ET-732
                Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Holy tremendously tasty looking tostadas, Lee!! Those look so good The wife and I gnawed the number pad off the keyboard lookin' at 'em. Ooooh Lawdy!
                    Last edited by Uncle-Honky; 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM. Reason: crossin' I s and dottin' T s...hickup@
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

I'll take two RIGHT NOW!!!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by rpmorey View Post
                        They look good enough to eat (SEVERAL)!
                        DItto!!
                        Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                        I'll take two RIGHT NOW!!!
                        Double ditto!

Lee, how do you make those tortillas? I have masa in the fridge... from tamales.. is it the same?
                        Do ya just flatten it out and put it on a comal? Those look like tomorrows dinner!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I make mine with two small sheets of waxed paper and a clear pyrex pie plate.

If you feel your dough is not too dry, pull some off a little smaller than a golf ball, set it on top of waxed paper, place other sheet on that and smoosh down with your hand just a bit. Grab hold of the pie plate and push down kinda rockin and rollin it to form a cirlcle, it's real easy to do and you can see where you might need to push more on one side or the other. If the dough seems crumbly add just a small amount of water at a time so it's about like playdough lol. Then I just heat my comal or any cast iron pan to med hot. To get them off the waxed paper you will need a spatula, Peel of the top sheet, slide flipper under about half way at the 6 O'Clock turn and depending on which way you turn it to the 3 or 9 O'C and slide only half way, then to the 12, when you get to the last 3 or 9 push it all the way through and lift off ( we have lift off) it all only takes 5 secs. just longer to type. place on the hot pan for maybe a minute per side and just set them on a sheet pan till done. The tortillas I made here I then light fried on both sides in veg oil or cooking spray for about the same amount of time 1 min per side. The bottom sheet of waxed paper is only good for 3 or 4, then it gets a little too damp to remove them. I often wondered if they made clear silicon sheets.

QUOTE=Bbqgoddess;85946]DItto!!

Double ditto!

Lee, how do you make those tortillas? I have masa in the fridge... from tamales.. is it the same?
                          Do ya just flatten it out and put it on a comal? Those look like tomorrows dinner![/QUOTE]

Comment

Uh ... yum!! Nothing better than some homemade mexican food!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                            Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                            sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm. Those look great.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                              X