Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really ya think???

Busy week in sports...

So ya think Mark was taking roids? Nahhhh the "bash brothers" oh it was for his health... RIGHT! and you blasted Conseco for outing all you dirty cheating bastards... re-set.. lets start over, ya get paid shit and play ball the way they did back in the day.. days of Babe Ruth and Dimaggio.. SHAME ON YOU!

CuJo retires, thank you sir for many an incredible game, in 19 years I have cursed your saves many a time. I am sorry your holy grail, was not obtained. I feel your pain man!

WHAT???? Carroll to the Sea Hawks??? shit.. there goes our SC football program... gone is our new John McKay. Congrats Scott, your Sea Hawks just got GREAT!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Mixed reviews on the Carroll hire up here actually. I listened to all his interviews, press releases, etc & I am excited.... He's a winner in my book, and talk about FIRED UP!... ($$$$$$$$$$$$) will do that to you also.. They gave him pretty much total control of everything, except Microsoft...

Personally, I like it.

Conseco speaketh the truth ............. I bought PSA graded Mcgwire & Bond's Rookie cards for my son about 8 years ago, when they were his idol's........ Hmmmmm..... At least I got him a PSA Nomar... I think he's clean.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
      Busy week in sports...

So ya think Mark was taking roids? Nahhhh
      But . . . but . . . he said that the 'roids didn't really help him hit any better.

Riiiiight.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Baseball has been ruined for me for years. The '84 Tigers were one of the last great teams to me, and the 'roids were around then too I'll wager.

CuJo eh? I met him once while he was here in Detroit. Cool guy...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Mcguire went from 14 inch forearms in college to 17 and 1/2....I wonder if sosa has admitted it yet.....They will pay dearly in health down the road....

Bonds head actually grew in circumference...

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
            But . . . but . . . he said that the 'roids didn't really help him hit any better.

Riiiiight.

Dave
            don't ya know, 210 pound men hit home runs just like 272 pounders do, its not cheating its only the difference between the warning track and second deck lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              Mcguire went from 14 inch forearms in college to 17 and 1/2....I wonder if sosa has admitted it yet.....They will pay dearly in health down the road....

Bonds head actually grew in circumference...
              Yeah, when their testicles fall off. I lost interest in pro ball during the strike. Only really care to see the local farm team (we are just pioneer league), but it's closer to pure ball. I always thought it was the "creatine" that did it for McGwire
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

I have lifted weights on and off since high school and creatine is still legal....My mom studied some of the first wave of steriods at harvard years ago and when she saw androstene 3,17 dionne(spelling)it is the step before testesterone(steriods).....she almost died when they showed it in his locker.....I believe they were all using the olympic style designer roids and growth hormones(proteins)....I believe Balco was the lab supplying Bonds and prolly many more....Tiger woods also bulked up and had a relationship with a canadian doctor known for masking these drugs for athletes...

Football is by far the worst offender,but money is the driving factor....

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
                Yeah, when their testicles fall off. I lost interest in pro ball during the strike. Only really care to see the local farm team (we are just pioneer league), but it's closer to pure ball. I always thought it was the "creatine" that did it for McGwire

Comment

I don't care lol

Way i look at it - if these drugs are available to everybody - then it's a level playing field. And who's to say the old guys weren't taking stuff ? Just because there were no tests didn't mean there was nothing to test for.

Steroids pretty much just let you train harder with shorter recovery periods.
                  They don't give you the hand eye coordination to hit a fastball or anticipate a curve ball, or know when to steal a base or field a ground ball. They don't help you anticipate how hard to bounce off the green monster to catch a flyball to the outfield. In short they build muscle NOT skill.

I'm probably the last person left who still rates bonds. regardless of any steroids, the man lasted and just out hit, out stole and generally outplayed everyone. Okay so he had help muscling up in later life - but that man was a born baseball legend and drugs don't take anything away from his innate talents.

You think if someone had offered the babe a magic pill or a needle to extend his playing career he wouldn't have snatched their arm off for it ? Damn right he would have done !

There are ways and training techniques these days that legally match almost what you get with steroids. They gonna ban advanced training techniques too ?
                  These are grown men - if they want to screw with their body chemistry - let 'em. But make sure the wheel chair pictures are shown once they retire.
                  Make it freedom of choice.

It's a lot of whining about nothing. At the end of the day all sports regulators seem to want is to make every man and woman identical to all others. Serious athletes are simply genetically better equipped for ther sport - when they start running genome tests and administering viral dna modifications to make all athletes equal - that'll be a step too far.

Until then I say legalise everything. Freedom of choice - isn't that supposed to be the american holy grail ?
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    Until then I say legalise everything. Freedom of choice - isn't that supposed to be the american holy grail ?
                    It is a funny country we live in over here, CA. We even had Congress looking into the "steroid use in baseball" issue.

I guess the country was running so smoothly back then they didn't have anything else to do.

Of course, realistically, I'd rather have them doing that than what they've been doing this past 12 months..

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                    X