Question for you KCBS Judges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you KCBS Judges

I am considering attending a KCBS Judging class this spring but have a couple questions that they don't cover at the KCBS web site.

1. Is there an age limit for becoming a certified KCBS Judge? My 14 year old daughter wants to become a BBQ Judge.

2. I assume that to remain a certified judge one has to continue to pay their annual KCBS membership fee but do you have to continue taking the class after a certain number of years to remain certified?

Thanks.
    sigpic

Scott / Foozer

Stumps Smoker,
    2 Weber Grills
    1 Gas Grill

My 14 year old daughter wants to become a BBQ Judge.
    Nice one - I can see where she's coming from.

Judging at an american bbq comp is something I've got on my fantasy list of stuff to do before I die lol
    It's actually a couple of places ABOVE winning the lottery - is that right ? lol
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Not sure about the lower age limit. Probably 18 or so as they do have a kids smoking division in some areas I believe. There is thankfully no UPPER age limit to being a judge. The class is a one time thing for certification and as long as you are a member in good standing, ie. dues paid up, you will remain a judge. Send an email to KCBS on the age thing, somebodies got to know the answer!

Comment

18 is the minnimum age....

Comment

Yes, to remain a CBJ you have to maintain your KCBS membership @ $35 annually.
          Glen
          Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
          KCBS CBJ
          Blue Thermopen
          Profile:
          http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Originally posted by flyin' illini View Post
            Yes, to remain a CBJ you have to maintain your KCBS membership @ $35 annually.
            Which I forgot to renew .....
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X