Score on pecan (mudda load)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score on pecan (mudda load)

Met an ole gent in the parking lot of walgreens awhile back. Had a life member NRA decal on his pickup. And I had on my leather bombers jacket with the NRA life memeber logo on it.
    turns out he like firearms also and has some real old ones that don't work. Plus a huge pecan orchard. he did not know if th guns could be repaired are where to send them to be repaired. and wanted to pass them on to the grandkids. I was his hook up for the firearms. and we got to talking about Qing and told him I had a stick burner. that is when I found out he had a pecan farm.
    he told me he was going to do the trimming this year and wood would be on the ground gallor. Well, he called this morning and said the wood was on the ground, help myself. In the morning my son and I will hook up the trailer and get the wood cutting tools and hual wood to the shack from sun up to past sun down. will cut it here at the shack when we feel like it. should be all nice limbs and maybe a tree or two that they felled.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Nice score. In-laws have a small pecan tree orchard. Love that stuff. Here is their orchard. One of the hurricanes dropped a huge one. Plenty o wood....

Last edited by Cajunsmoke13; 01-15-2010, 11:10 AM.
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

good for you. i love pecan though there is none in idaho i will haul some out next trip i take to see the fam in Ga.
      Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Great score. Wish i could come across something like that.
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Love me that pecan.....Nothing like networking...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
            Nice score. In-laws have a small pecan tree orchard. Love that stuff. Here is their orchard. One of the hurricanes dropped a huge one. Plenty o wood....

you do have some great hook ups..lol. welding brother and now a pecan farm.

when I was at the missile range they tore down a bunch of outdated homes to make room for new builds for the returning troops. many pecan seasons ago the navy used their money and planted many pecans trees.
            they cut down over 30 trees huge ones.

well I bought a sthil chain saw and got permission from the owner of the demo company to take all I wanted. my son and several of his buds (it was summer) got a work out.

I do not know how many cords I gathered. But I have been burning in my fire places, fire pits and lang for several years now. and tons stacked in the yard still.
            I will fill the voids in the morning.

and any one interested. if you travel through the area. it is here year round for sale by the cord. we used to be able to go to the orchards and for $10.. dollars a truck load haul the trimming off. But, as it would be folks left a mess and were cutting tree limbs down that were not supposed to be cut.

so now they pay a contractor to come haul it all. and the contractor in turn sells it to the public. any where from $75.00 a cord to 250 a cord. depends on who is hungary. at the time for the best price.
            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Man sounds like you are hooked up. That is a lot of dang wood. When I retire I plan on building my house right in the middle of the southern group of trees.
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Awesome Bill!
                I have been using my Ok pecan sparingly only for special smokes and I love the stuff!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Great score on the pecan Kyote.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                    Had a life member NRA decal on his pickup. And I had on my leather bombers jacket with the NRA life memeber logo on it.
                    That and that, means that two people who are very interested in preserving one of our most basic freedoms met. Good to hear! Another lifer here.

Glad you got some wood too!

Comment

I just bought my first bag of Pecan last wk .have never had it before.cant wait to use it mabey this comming wknd. save a few branches on the ground for when T and I head south this sping
                      2-22.5'' weber
                      1-18'' weber
                      1 smokey joe
                      22.5'' wsm
                      24'' smoke vault
                      1-outhouse
                      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Working...
                      X