Can someone send me a couple pounds of hickory nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone send me a couple pounds of hickory nuts

I am in need of 2 or 3 pounds of hickory nuts, shelled.

Wondering if someone has them in their area that could send them to me? I will send you the money if you can send them.
    Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Dang,i did not save any this year except for the deer hunters......I have a few pounds extra of black walnut if you are interested.....Let me check my bitternut hickory/nut stash tomorrow though....

Comment

Bob I used some the other night on some monkey bread, but I only have 1/2 or 3/4 of a lb left. I didn't get to them in time this year, so I had to buy. I've seen them on ebay, but they're pricey. As with the wood, the shag-bark hickory nuts are the sweetest.

Tom

Comment

Too late for me also. I can walk down one trail and pick up a half a bucket full in the fall. What do you all use to crack em. I needed 1 cup for a recipe and it took me a couple hours using vice grips and a pick, but now one of the smaller trees (maybe 40 foot) is starting to put out some good almost twice as big nut's.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
          Too late for me also. I can walk down one trail and pick up a half a bucket full in the fall. What do you all use to crack em. I needed 1 cup for a recipe and it took me a couple hours using vice grips and a pick, but now one of the smaller trees (maybe 40 foot) is starting to put out some good almost twice as big nut's.
          I use a hammer.
          Lee here is an article I bookmarked years ago. This is where I learned to do it. It works about 80% of the time, for me anyway.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
              Have blacktop? If so blacktop/nuts/plywood/car

If not... Dirt/plywood/nuts/plywood/car

The best choice is something heavy as far as wood and a large base of nuts so they don't become powdered. A little labor is required afterwards but not too much. Up here all this stuff is available on a regular basis. Down the road if people are going to need things like this I would be happy to send it as it is plentiful as long as you cover the shipping. Not many nuts left now since deer season and the hard winter but spring is coming...

Comment

I have heard of that technique for black walnuts Thanks for the info.

Comment

Don't thunk I've ever seen them for sale. Sounds like they're not farmed commercially then ?
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                  X