Building a new reverse flow for the deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new reverse flow for the deck

Had some metal sitting around and decided to design out another reverse flow. Unlike my trailer mounted rig I scaled this one way down for everyday use.

The inside of the roll back plate is the important part to me. It must go past any door or hatch opening to remove the infrared energy correctly. This plate sets the difference between even heat and hot spots.

The angle iron sitting inside will be the shelf once the expanded metal is tacked onto it.

The firebox can be loaded from the top or the side, the side is set up with a flip panel haved to remove ashes easily. The shovel is shaped to the radius of the firebox for a one pul removal of debris.

She is starting to look like a cooker. Just using weld chipping hammer handles. They are so cheap to purchase as harbor freight that making you own is a waste of time.

The large rectangular stack does several functions, being the exhaust stack is its main job, but on the back it has a door and there are three dowel hangers in it so I have hang come bacon, rounds or links in there for a family size cold smoke of some cured meats.

This is one of four being built. Then I will take them down to powder coat. My boss and a couple employees are each getting one of the units along with mine. All the pipe is scrap from the pipeline work we do during the spring, summer, and fall. Winter we do get to play a little.

I will add more pictures as it gets better looking.
    Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Those are going to be some great smokers, Bob! I knew you'd find something to keep you occupied this winter.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Very nice bbally. Looks great...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

That is gonna be real nice....like the stack idea!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Very nice so far. I'm jealous of your talents.

Comment

Boy 'o Boy that is going to make one fine deck side cooker! Fantastic job
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice job on the reverse flow.
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Very nice indeed. And great idea on the smokestack.

JT
                JT

Comment

I am jealous for sure. Another great build!
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Yep, very nice looking build you got going on there.
                    A brit living in the heartland of America ..... and loving it !!

Comment

Bob. Make one more for me...
                      Looks like a nice unit.
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

great lookin build ya got going on there
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

That is an awesome build you have going there.
                          Now how exactly will you move it, and will you need to use the outriggers on the truck crane?

Tom

Comment

Great idea with the stack, Bob. Geez- a man of WAAAY too many talents...loan me a couple eh?
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I like it!!!
                              Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X