Elk Pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk Pastrami

I have never been much of a pastrami guy just never had a good pastrami until now I took out a 5 pound elk roast and used Jeanie's Cowgirl's recipe for venison pastrami Thank you Jeanie this is some good stuff i will be making this one again
    i cured the roast for 5 days using Jeanies cure after 5 days i removed from the cure and rinsed and soaked the roast for 2 hours then i got busy so i placed the roast back into the fridge this was thursday night on friday after work i got the roast out and had to do some trimming so i sharpened my knife while doing this i cut my finger layed it wide open about a 2 inch cut and deep so back into the fridge it went
    so today i finally got to smoke the pastrami it went into the GOSM propane on 250 i used hickory for smoke and this stuff really turned out great i forgot to season the roast after soaking and before i placed into the smoker it still was great even without the seasoning i will be doing this again here is the pics

Happyness is a full smoker

Well you did a great job on the sharpening it sounds. It does look nice. Hope you heal up soon.

Comment

Holy Elk Pastrami Huey!!!!! That baby looks Beautimus! Send some South please.
      sigpic

Comment

That looks real good man!
        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Great looking pastrami, Huey! I'll have to try that soon.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Pastrami's looking great Huey. I've got to try some of that...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Hehee- at least a good sharp knife cut heals faster than a dull ripped one- ;{)

Sorry for your misfortune, but that 'strami sure looks good! Careful- that knife is sharp!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I really like the looks of that! Hope your finger heals quick like.
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That looks like it turned out great. Nice job. I've been tempted to try that with some venison. Gotta watch those darn knives. Hope the finger heals quickly.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                  CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Thanks guys

Rich it wasnt a bad day i found a cresent wrench on the road that day and i found a dollar in the street that same day as i cut my finger so it was a pretty good day plus i got to lokk forward to doing the pastrami LOL thanks again everyone it was some good stuff

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Working...
                    X