Tomato Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Soup

Decided to have some grilled cheese sandwiches with my smoked cheese for a light supper. I love tomato soup with my GCS, but instead of the usual canned stuff, decided to have some 4Bs tomato soup. 4Bs is a regional chain that turns out some killer tomato soup. Here is their recipe:

1 cn 28 0z diced tomatoes
    1 c Chicken broth
    1/4 c Butter
    2 tb Sugar
    1 tb Chopped onion
    1/8 ts Baking soda
    2 c Milk

In a saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and simmer for
    1 hour. Heat milk, add to tomato mixture just before serving. makes
    about
    1 1/2 quarts.

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Interesting approach to tomato soup...worth trying...thanks.
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Yaknow, I have never really appreciated tomato soup until I had a bud's mom's...German lady...had vinegar-tart kinda thing going on. Not cream/dairy based. Anyone got a line on something like that? Close to a gespatcho I guess.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Yaknow, I have never really appreciated tomato soup until I had a bud's mom's...German lady...had vinegar-tart kinda thing going on. Not cream/dairy based. Anyone got a line on something like that? Close to a gespatcho I guess.
        Never had one like that, and I'm german. I'll ask dad.

Love GCS's and tomato soup. Interesting recipe Mulepackin. Different from my version. May have to try it. Thanks.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

we always stopped at forbees in forsyth when we come to montana antelope hunting... for a chain they put out a purty good breakfast spread. thks for sharing love GCS and TS!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Apprciate that recipe....My granddaughter can wear mater soup out!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
              we always stopped at forbees in forsyth when we come to montana antelope hunting... for a chain they put out a purty good breakfast spread. thks for sharing love GCS and TS!!!
              Now thats cattle country over there, (well and speed goats too)
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Man, I done forgot 'bout the real good simple things in life. Gotta appreciate the TS and the GCS . Now I'm HLMF...lol I'd be dipping that GCS in the TS and leaving it there for a minute. Just a personal preference. mmm mm mm That'd be a tasty SWTSGCS. Love the sounds of it. now if I can interest the rest of the family in it, it's on then.
                Thank you for sharing the recipe.
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X