Smoked Cheddar & Monterey Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cheddar & Monterey Jack

Just a boring smoked Cheddar & Monterey Jack smoke on the MES....Been a while & needed some for the NFL Division Championship games next Sunday.
    Placed the chunks directly over ice & smoked with Olive wood for about 1 hour. I have to cycle the MES on & off to get smoke. Turn thermostat on to 160*..smoke shows.....then off.......wait.....Lather, rinse, repeat. Had a couple pieces show a slight melt over my hot spot in back over the element where I need to place a tile or something to direct heat to the middle. It looks to me like they only had a slight color change, which I think will be OK cause they sure smelled like Olive smoke when I brought them in. Anyway, here's pictures of smoked cheese & this is a dancing stick of smoked Monterey Jack

sigpic

Man what a cheesy post!

OUCH...c'mon... so I try to be punny sometimes...OUCH!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

nice!!!! have heard the smoke flavor intensifies after a couple day rest in the cold box... so prolly be right for the game!!! thks for sharing
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Holy smoked cheese epidemic! You gotta love that. Sure does look and sound fabulous Scott! Nice I gotta get on this wagon and try some cheese!
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

I like the tray of ice under the cheese. I might try something similar in a few days when I cold-smoke my bacon.
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Smoked Cheddar & Monterrey Jack is never boring. Just love it, not sure about the ice as I have never smoked cheese before. to ya Fish...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
              I like the tray of ice under the cheese. I might try something similar in a few days when I cold-smoke my bacon.
              Yeah, I liked that too. That is REAL cold smoking. Nice color on your cheese. I didn't get much color into mine. I may not have let it come to room temp enough first. I'm sure it'll be great for the game.
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
              X