Appetizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appetizer?

Got the Fantasy Fotball banquet this Sunday and am supposed to bring an appetizer. What's your favorites?
    sigpic

Chicken wings & abt's. Maybe meatballs.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

I gota say these are...Just love'em, but I'm a fish guy...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6357
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

ABT's...leave the veins in :{) Great fun!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

SPICEY SAUSAGE WONTON STARS

1 pound bulk sausage
          2 medium carrots finely chopped
          1 medium onion finely chopped
          1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
          1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
          1 cup finely shredded pepper jack cheese
          1 cup finely shredded chedder cheese
          1/2 cup sour cream
          2 garlic cloves, minced
          1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
          36 wonton wrappers
          1 Tablespoon butter melted
          1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
          Sliced cherry tomatoes optional

In a large skillet, cook the suasage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, carrots, onions, peppers, cheeses, sour cream, garlic and lemon pepper.
          Press wonton wrappers into a miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic powder, brush over the edges. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until lightly brown.
          Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Bake 5 -7 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with tomatoes if desired. Makes about 3 dozen.

I have made these also with pulled pork, chop finely and season to taste. Drizzle BBQ Sauce and Cole Slaw dressing back and forth so you get a bite almost like a pulled pork sammie.
          If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
          Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Scott, maybe I'm biased, but I like my stuffed drummies. Just a thought off the top of my head, but how 'bout stuffing them with sausage, smoke to 170° then cool over night in the fridge. Next day dip in beaten eggs, dredge in flour seasoned with herbs and spices of choice, deep fried then rolled in Pete's sriracha wing sauce.
            Might have to try that myself.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
              Scott, maybe I'm biased, but I like my stuffed drummies. Just a thought off the top of my head, but how 'bout stuffing them with sausage, smoke to 170° then cool over night in the fridge. Next day dip in beaten eggs, dredge in flour seasoned with herbs and spices of choice, deep fried then rolled in Pete's sriracha wing sauce.
              Dude, Tom!! Holy chuckin' chicken chow! Damn straight, after some 'o dat, I would be a bit biased too! Oh man I'm on this like flies on@$^& . And you just thunk this off the top yo' head, all of a sudden like???żżż Daammmnn...you need a metal brotha!
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Tom,I don't think I am gonna have the time (nor the skills) to pull your suggestion off. But in the name of all things wrapped in bacon SOMEBODY HAS TOO!... That sounds awesome, killer, man oh man... That would be worthy of a fancy title as well! Got the wheels spinning Tom. Points for creativity when I get back in.
                sigpic

Comment

Folk's round here like my shrimp....just boiled with some heat & I take a couple gallons of bloody mary's with heat....Plus da BEER!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

On Debs site there is a recipie for bacon wrapped chicken livers...I know... lots of folks dont like livers...Im tellin ya that everyone who I have fed them to LOVES them...even those who dont like livers...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

All great ideas so far, like them all, keep them coming.... With this group, I would think there could be some really interesting ideas......
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's an easy one I like to do ...

steam mussels in beer or white wine with some garlic and or spices of your choice ... when cooked remove the meats and place them in the 1/2 shell ...discard other 1/2 shell ....

top each mussel with some salsa ( your choice of heat ) and then top with grated cheddar again your choice ...

place all mussels on baking sheet and cover with wrap ...take to your party ... place under broil in oven till cheese melts then serve .... very tasty
                        sigpic
                        homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                          Jeez Martha!! just like that! boom on the "gunnys things to do list"!

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                          Dude, Tom!! Holy chuckin' chicken chow! Damn straight, after some 'o dat, I would be a bit biased too! Oh man I'm on this like flies on@$^& . And you just thunk this off the top yo' head, all of a sudden like???żżż Daammmnn...you need a metal brotha!
                          Ditto! Ditto!

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          On Debs site there is a recipie for bacon wrapped chicken livers...I know... lots of folks dont like livers...Im tellin ya that everyone who I have fed them to LOVES them...even those who dont like livers...
                          Rumaki... yum.. with a water chestnut....

Shrimp bbq on a skewer of rosemary... you can drizzle with a garlic sauce after or not.. beautiful and delicious..

Vlaps garlic toma toasts with some brushetta... or with just an awesome olive oil and equally awesome balsamic vinegar dip...

inside out fajitas...

Squeef balls... maybe stuffed with a chunk of .. goat cheese mixed with a dried fruit, rolled smoked and served with an amazing dipping sauce...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            Anyone that doesn't like chicken livers isn't human.

Tom

Comment

I just try and keep it simple and a little unique.

ABTs and/or Moink Balls always seem to be a hit. Normally, most folks never see them on a menu or at home but they love to eat them.
                              Pete
                              Large BGE
                              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                              X