Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weather outside is frightful

Butt the fire is so delightful.

Runnin a little meat though the smoker today. It's a multi species smoke but because of the mass of the reveered Mega Butts I believe the scales tip to Pork.

First on the racks were a couple shoulders weighing out at 16 and 17 lbs respectively.

Then my booty pastrami was packed in pepper and on it went.

Finally in this run my brisket pastrami packed again with the same pepper mixture.

The pastramis will roast to an internal of 160*, get foiled and in to the O they go for the remiander of the slow cooking reaching the desired tenderness.

I've been saving this pepper melange just for this occaision. I ground it up in the grinder to a med course grain and packed the pastramis liberally.

I started this run with maple but will be switching over to apple soon as the pastrasmi comes off.

Moving along to the ribeye, here she is in all her naked beauty.

I smothered her some evoo and rubbed it down down with a salt/pepper mix and again with the balsamic glaze.

Taking the boneless hams from theyre cure. I sprinkled a combination of glucose and gelatin, rolled them up and tied them up nicely, slipped em into the netting and off these two went to the smoker as well.

After a little shuffling it looks like everything fit afterall. Nothin the do but feed the smoker now and wait for the temps.

Last edited by DangerDan; 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM.
    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

WOW Dan !!! Thats a smoker full.All looks great..Keep us posted for sure
    Mike
    Smokin' in Fla
    Go Gators
    My toys
    sigpic

Comment

That Baby is loaded! Lookin great!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

wow Dan, guess you are not doing anything for the next 24 hours, seeing them shoulders will take at least 24 hours, unless you got speed racers, like we did at the gathering.

you get thru them 98 pages of Charcuterie yet, at E gullet?....LOLOL

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Looks great. Nice smoker full!
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

wow that thing is packed!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darrin View Post
              wow that thing is packed!!
              I still have one rack left that I can use in "extreme cases" Its suprising how much this smoker will actually hold.

The pastramis all in foil, the hams are coming along nicely and the ribeye is out and resting... Wife had a kiddee BD party to go to.. THat may be her loss...
              sigpic

Comment

Well, she made it home in time for supper...The last ribeye was good, but this one,,, Oh my Lord!!!

The hams and pastramis are all out and cooling. I'll probaby get them sliced up tomorrow. The shoulders, well, we know they aren't going anywhere. Internal on this is just hitting the stall zone @146*. Just put the probe in one so not sure if it's in a stall or not.. Matters not. It takes about 17 hours on these for the most part so I still have a while to go.
                sigpic

Comment

Good gravy... That PR looks great..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

If I hit the lottery tonight I would like to hire you as my families personal chef. That is awesome.
                    Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Well one shoulder is done but the other is being stubborn. Lucky for me I'm out of lump. In the O it go. I just foiled it however the other didnt need foil, It was fall apart done. I'll have to chill it to get it off the rack.

While waiting for my meggabutts I was able to slice some of my pastrami, ham and roast beef.

Theres a little more left to do tomorrow so I'll finish up then.
                      sigpic

Comment

WOW, thats a full house for sure. And it all looks great. points
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree Andy, it does look good, and tastes incredible but I'm at an impass. I tried both and can't for the life of me decide which pastrami is better.

The traditional brisket pastrami

Or... The BootyStrami.

They both taste just as good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Send me some and I'll tell you! Everything looks awesome Dan. Glad it turned out well.
                            Dawn

New Braunfels Bandera "Grail"
                            Weber 22.5" Kettle Grill
                            1 Maverick ET-73
                            1 Green Thermapen

member #38

Comment

I musta missed my invite for the PR

It all looks good. You were becoming my hero, and you spoiled it by using the O word..
                              I am now in search of another Mentor!
                              Since you did such a nice job and but a pretty good bend in them racks AGAIN, I will give you some points.
                              Looks like your gonna be knee deep in quality meats for a day or two!
                              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X