No announcement yet.

Eggnog - Cheers! Site is back up again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggnog - Cheers! Site is back up again!

Here is a low calorie eggnog that I got from WilliamZanzinger and decided that I owed it to my waistline to try. This eggnog only has 105 calories per 8 oz serving!

Before the booze of course.

You start with 4 cups of fat-free milk and add 1 package of fat-free vanilla instant pudding. Get a good brand and not the bargain type since it's all about good taste and the pudding is the star attraction.
    Add 1.5 tsp of nutmeg. Whisk it all together and wait a couple of minutes for it to thicken up some. That's right, no eggs are hurt in the making of this drink.

Now for the record, I prefer my nog without the liquor added... and like it just as a drink, but I'm willing to take some trade-offs on taste to calories and fat right about now. While it's not quite the same thing, it's very good and will be our nog of choice from now on. It's got a good color since it was mixed with nutmeg, and the pudding thickens it up. It's got to be COLD though, and it needs to be slurped up within the day for the best quality.

Here's what it looked like, with a bit more nutmeg added to the top.

Cheers!

Damn that does look good.... Speaking of William..Where the hell has he been lately.. Need to put out a APB..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great! C&P'd that and sent to my Dad. That ol Codger can get after that stuff! Thanks!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

So, assuming you don't want to just drink thin vanilla pudding - what alcohol should be in to make it an egg nog ?

Might try it with the booze ;-)

I've got a nice caramel pudding mix that would be great !
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          So, assuming you don't want to just drink thin vanilla pudding - what alcohol should be in to make it an egg nog ?

Might try it with the booze ;-)

I've got a nice caramel pudding mix that would be great !
          In my experience, you can add whatever you like. I have had whiskey, brandy, rum, and even Kahlua in egg nog. It's all good. The Kahlua was one I tried just this past Christmas at my future son-in-laws suggestion. That one could get away from you real easy.
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X