Smoked Salmon Loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Salmon Loaf

This is just something a little different and I don't very often have fresh or frozen Salmon to smoke. It is a healthier alternative to a fatty I suppose, and is great cold on a cracker. I have made these before and they were just ok but added a few things this round and it is much better.

Ingredients:

1 15-16oz. Can Salmon picked clean of bones, and there are times when there's alot.

1 Nice thick slice fatty bacon....diced small.

1/3 Cup Diced Onions.

1 Cup lightly packed fresh bread crumbs or pulled small

1/2 cup Shredded Cheese

2 Beaten Eggs

1 Tbls. Lemon Juice

1 tsp. Rub...............I used Riches

Just fold it all together real good and lay it out on some plastic wrap and twist tight like a fatty, and allow to rest overnight.

In the morning I unwrapped and placed in a small sprayed foil boat for smokeing.

Here it is a couple days later for lunch on crackers. Tomorrow will be crostini with cheese on top and broiled.

With my addition of more fat via the diced bacon and cheese this held up nice and is very sliceable compared to some earlier attempts.

Great idea Lee!... Squared up for Triscuit's?...lol
    sigpic

Comment

Lee it looks darn good. I do love salmon. One question though. You can't find fresh salmon where you live?

Tom

Comment

Thanks fellers, and yeah I can buy $almon here, I don't know about fresh. And your lucky to find Wild Caught vs the Farm Raised crap which I don't do. I may be allergic to steroids, hormones or antibiotics ??? lol. When my dad was still around and had that nice 24 ft Sea Ray docked in a harbor in Grindstone MI, We use to have all the Salmon and Lakers we wanted. Man I miss that.

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        Lee it looks darn good. I do love salmon. One question though. You can't find fresh salmon where you live?

Comment

Great job Lee and thanks for the recipe.

$almon is the way they spell it here too.....

Comment

On it! Louie uses that canned salmon for fried patties. Gonna give this a smoke! Great idea!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Dang, Lee- yer GOOD! Love the solid texture, and the nice homogenous mix. Yum!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I ain't never seen a loafin salmon worth keepin Lee! There usually belly up an stinkin by that time.

Sounds an looks tastey. Have ta wait an see if the fish truck piles up again this year an get a good discount an try that en!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I forgot to mention,

Smoked @250 till IT was 160/165 I don't remember, somewhere in there anyway with applewood for a couple of hours.

Comment

Ok I used the rest of this loaf up tonight. I was gonna do the crostini thing but I had no Olive Oil. I had some left over clarified butter, garlic, parm and parsley mix. So it is more like a crunchy garlic bread topped with a slice of the salmon loaf, some sauteed mushrooms, smoked monterey jack cheese and just sprinkled with a little rub and a mushroom slice. It was great, but it needed a sauce, maybe a chive, dill or a cucumber sauce would of made it complete.

Comment

Ain't no doubt i'mma gonna do this!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

CHIT.....If you say so...I would hit it as is...(point thing inserted)

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                        Ok I used the rest of this loaf up tonight. I was gonna do the crostini thing but I had no Olive Oil. I had some left over clarified butter, garlic, parm and parsley mix. So it is more like a crunchy garlic bread topped with a slice of the salmon loaf, some sauteed mushrooms, smoked monterey jack cheese and just sprinkled with a little rub and a mushroom slice. It was great, but it needed a sauce, maybe a chive, dill or a cucumber sauce would of made it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post

Lee that looks freaking amazing. Kudos and (Points thingy)...
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          KCBS CBJ

Comment

"It was great, but it needed a sauce,"

What you don't have ketcup in your house ?

But it sure didn't look or sound like it needed sauce to me lol

for that mate.

It's a seriously useful alternative to a sausage fatty for veggies who eat fish (don't get me started - but it does make them easy to feed :-)

Make it with hot smoked maple glazed salmon and damn - that's a gourmet dish for sure !
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That looks great from here too. Yet another thing to add to the list.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                              X