Sourdough blackbean and chipotle bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough blackbean and chipotle bread

This is a sourdough recipe I found on the internet. Sounds completely strange, but I figured it had been done and I wanted to know, what it was like. So I gave it a go!
    Ingredients are as follows:
    2 C. active sourdough starter
    2 C. dried black beans
    1 C reserved liquid from beans
    3 1/2 C bread flour
    2/3 C. whole wheat flour
    2 1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 tsp. ground cumin
    3/4 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
    5 tsp. canned minced chipotles
    1 1/3 Tbs. BBQ sauce ( SBR Original in this case)
    soak and cook beans until done
    Pulse beans to chunky in Food processor
    Add ingredients except bread flour and stir
    Add bread flour 1 cup at a time until you can no longer stir

These are the black beans cooked and strained

Black beans pulsed. 2 cups dried will at least double. At this point I am a bit skeptical of the recipe. More beans than anything else

1 Cup reserved bean liquid

ingredients

combining the ingredients

Everything including the bread flour kneaded together. Into a lightly oiled bowl and turned once. going for first rise.

first rise...WOW!

Oh look at them strands!!

On pizza stones going for the second and what I thought to be the final rise. I cannot get a hand formed loaf to work to save me life!! #$^*& So when these turned to big ass chocolate chip cookie looking things...I punched them down, poured into bread pans and went for the 3rd rise!

My mini pans I inherited. Really cute and cool looking!

Round glass cookware

Standard bread pan

After 400° for aprx. 30 minutes.Small loaf piggy backin' for comparison

Sliced and buttered. I am completely surprised at how good this bread is. Especially after going for a 3rd rise. Absolutely amazing bread with subtle heat at FIRST. As you have more pieces the heat will increase slightly.

This is a 24 oz. beer can for comparison of the small loaf sliced. Bruchetta anyone? That's what I am thinking on this one as well! I will definitely make this bread again. The Wife and kids all enjoyed it!
    Thank you for looking at me bread!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

It looks good and the recipe is certainly interesting. A southwestern twist on bruschetta sounds like a perfect use for it.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

You just had to do that, didn't you? Looks great from here. Wish I would have had some a few days ago to go with my Manhattan clam chowder! Thanks for the pics.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks and sounds great honkster. There is a technique in which you fold the flattened dough instead of rolling it up. I don't have it handy at the moment but I'm sure it's out there.

Comment

Me's thinkin that looks & sounds pretty damn good!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oh Yeah...Love black beans and the chipotles etc...(insert big thumbs up).

Thanks for sharing ryan....That is fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!(dancing sausage..Cool)

Points reloading PITA....
            Last edited by ALX; 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

You freaking "Rocked this one" Bud. Kudos and (Drool thingy) along with (Dancing Banana) and "FREAKING POINTS" as well. Just loved it...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Ryan I have made that same bread before and is very good. Great job with it.

Tom

Comment

Great job on the black bean bread...I love a good experiment, and it looks like this one really turned out (falling over "thud" icon here). I think it is great all the really awesome bakers on this site as well...This will really turn up the heat on my breads and baked goods too! (I'm not worthy bowing purple icon here) (Points Guy Here)!
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I appreciate each and everyone of you.
                    I ...well I mean the wife made me a couple smoked ham sammies on top the bread and holy slamma jammin damn goodness. We smoked the ham. This is deli love here. I will do this again and again!
                    Happy smokes and fluffy flouring!!
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That's got to be one of the craziest bread recipe's I have seen, but I can imagine it being good..... Sounds like that stuff was not gonna stop rising eh Ryan?.... Don't fall asleep or it will take over the kitchen kinda Sci-Fi $h!t?
                      Thanks to the daring, for sharing! (POINTS)
                      sigpic

Comment

Awesome Ryan!! I'm warming up for a bread gig myself. Hope it comes out as good as yours!!
                        Keith

Comment

Very nice, I have been playing with sourdough too.
                          I haven't seen anything like this though!!
                          That sure looks like it made a lot of bread!
                          "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Flatulence Bread

Comment

Working...
                            X