Kiwi Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi Knives

After trying to filet a Sockeye Salmon at my parents house at Christmas with what my dear mom calls a knife, I told her I would get her some. I kinda forgot about that until listening to a BBQ Podcast where one of the guests had ordered a couple of Kiwi Knives to test and was very impressed at how inexpensive they were & how razor sharp they were. I thought *** MOM ***
    If they will cut better than the free knives that she got voting for Nixon, Count me in... So I checked out the website & was amazed at the prices, so I also ordered myself a couple. 4 new knives, including shipping was less than $20 and they confirmed shipping within a couple of hours. The guest on the BBQ show did note that they were much lighter than conventional knives with thinner blades, but were very sharp. I will update this when I get them. Here's the link. Might be worth a look?

http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/products...wi-knives.html
    sigpic

i will be interested in this review...i really need some new knives just cant afford alot for them....these seems right up my alley....let us know when you get them and use them
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

A word of caution: My old man used to sharpen my Mom's parents knives- and invariably one of them would cut themselves with the new edge, WARN THEM they are sharp
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

must be made from parong/machete metal.

We tend to forget that tropical countries like thailand have a very long history of producing long lasting sharp edges for their daily walk to work through the jungle :-)

bit of an extreme chisel edge on them - going by the picture (machete sharpening for sure lol).
        But you can smooth that out over time.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Interesting. Got it covered now but everone needs another knock about knife so at that price may be a great deal. Will be watching for the review.
          sigpic

My Facebook page
          http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...Q/131613189083

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            A word of caution: My old man used to sharpen my Mom's parents knives- and invariably one of them would cut themselves with the new edge, WARN THEM they are sharp
            Great point Rich, I had planned on it, especially after using her "cutlery"...LOL.. Ordered the pairing, and the other looks like a santoku with the point.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              That is so true. my poor mom and her knives. I could not stand them so dull when visiting. and she would always ask me to sharpen them. then I would see her with bandages on her fingers and hands. poor mom.

heck of a deal on the knives. and the best part is they say for some reason they stay sharp for long time in the ad. how cool is that.lol. I wish my knives would stay sharp for a long time.
              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

The price is right....i'm interested.
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                  That is so true. my poor mom and her knives. I could not stand them so dull when visiting. and she would always ask me to sharpen them. then I would see her with bandages on her fingers and hands. poor mom.

heck of a deal on the knives. and the best part is they say for some reason they stay sharp for long time in the ad. how cool is that.lol. I wish my knives would stay sharp for a long time.
                  Another thing the guest mentioned was something like: They are like razor blades with handles... Which might not really be what my 70 Y/O mom needs... And the stay sharp for a long time comments also were interesting. I am used to big, thick heavy hulking knives (Wusthof and Henckels) So I'm excited to try them out and compare.
                  sigpic

Comment

Keep us posted scott...Sounds interesting!!

Comment

Knives just came in today. Here in 3 business days!.... They definately have a way different feel than the Wusthof & Henckel's I have. I only tested them on a piece of sausage & a piece of paper, pretty light weight, but VERY sharp! & seem to be made pretty well for inexpensive knives..... They even sent me an extendable back scratcher?

EXTENDABLE BACK SCRATCHER!
                      sigpic

Comment

Just the ass scratcher alone is worth what you paid.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the update scott....Fantastic prices...

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                          Just the ass scratcher alone is worth what you paid.

Comment

hey fish
                            how are these knives holding it been a couple of months still thinking about gettin me some ...whats your input on them now??
                            Mike
                            Oklahoma City
                            22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                            Weber 22.5 Performer
                            GOSM 3405gw
                            Boomer Sooner Drum
                            Maverick ET-732
                            Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                            A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

I like em and have been using them a lot, they have stayed sharp.... I would buy them again, especially if you can still get that price on em!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X