Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a newb and thought I would give the beer can chicken a try today my question (probably dumb) is can I use a cast iron chicken pan (has the beer thingy in the middle) or will it not be as good ? Going to season with some evoo and some rub (anybody have a good poultry rub) ? Thanks and I've learned a ton already just browsing the site :)
    Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
    Weber 22.5" WSM
    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
    Weber Smokey Joe
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
    The Vortex

as long as you fill the beer can thingy in the middle with beer or the liquid of your choice.
    Should be at least as good as an actual beer can and a lot more stable :-)
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Montreal Chicken rub is a good standby for both chicken and pork. There are a ton of good rubs out there. Good luck and Welcome
      JT

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
          Hi I'm a newb and thought I would give the beer can chicken a try today my question (probably dumb) is can I use a cast iron chicken pan (has the beer thingy in the middle) or will it not be as good ? Going to season with some evoo and some rub (anybody have a good poultry rub) ? Thanks and I've learned a ton already just browsing the site :)
          Welcome to the island, glad you found us here..... Sounds like you are on the right track with your beer can chicken, just make sure to save some beer for the chef is my only rule when doing them.... As for the rub, sheesh.... hmmm ......there are a lot of them out their commercially available, or you can make your own. I used to make my own, but not anymore. Try this stuff if you get a chance. Poultry & Pork is Awesome & there is a slight Beef modification link on here also for this rub.

http://www.madhunkymeats.com/
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around and show us your wares.
            Make sure the cast iron is preheated, as it can act as a heat sink and extend the cooking time of that bird.

Tom

Comment

Pleasure to have ya here! Beer can yardbird....I like it!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
              X