Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday dinner.....

Tried something different tonight...
    Had an angus tri lil under 3 lbs... rubbed with 3 martinis and a jacuzzi rub then cooked on the webby on a cedar plank..
    off at 140*

rested about 30 minutes sliced

dinner is served...

If you have not tried the cedar planks give them a go, I love the taste it imparts... a real treat!
    Thanks for peeking at our dinner!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Looks good from here. Nice pics too.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Looks very tasty Kell. Done white bass and striper on planks, but that's it. Will have to try beef.

Tom

Comment

UH..... I know most scoring scale's got to 10.... BUT.... OH MY!...... 11
        sigpic

Comment

Damn girl. you sure you are not from the central coast? You nailed that tri, I gotta try to smoke one. And Cedar plank? you rock!
          You and Ryan should do a tutorial on how to cut them. you nailed it.

JT
          JT

Comment

Blue fish on the cedar here.

Fantastic meal again kelly...
            Last edited by ALX; 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Oh, I'm liking that BBQG. I never had Beef walk the plank before. Got to give that a go.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

I've not had anything done on a cedar plank. Also haven't been able to fine a tip here. It sure looks like that one would melt in your mouth! :points:
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks great, and I have only heard of this myself and always wanted to try it. I imagine you just toss the plank after use.

Comment

Great looking dinner Kelly! Those are some good sides to accompany that perfect looking meat!
                    I haven't ever had the beef from the plank, just salmon.
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hot Damn!....Sister, that looks wonderful!....
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I am sorry guys I still can't multi quote... (insert help thingy)

so.. as far as the cedar plank, after you use it you can wash it off and then toss it into the coals for your next smoke too..

I love to eat and I have several meals that were extremely memorable, on was at Emerals in Vegas, we were there for the Tyson/Holyfield fight, back in the day. The chef cooked around several bottles of wine we had brought. For the red, he produced this filet that had been cooked on a cedar plank.. pepper crusted, this has become one of my favorite flavor profiles, one of my most memorable meals.. well till the champagne.. its fuzzy there! the cedar and the beef are a perfect marriage. I hope you all give it a go.

Keith, you get out here in June, I promise we will send you home with a years supply of tri!

Lee, I dunno why you all don't find them back there, I am going to have to do some research into shipping meat cuz you would love them, its a great cut!

Hey Ry, should we toss it into our bag of trix for the pot luck? what say you my brother?

Thank you all for the kind words!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

looks good! salmon on a plank was a big seller at a former hotel.........i used to send it out smokin!
                          sigpic
                          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Kelly the plank gig for the potluck sounds equally as good. I have planks here that I have not used. Quite a few, of different type wood.
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

The money shot Just look at that big thick slice on the right!!

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                              X