Getting it together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting it together

Okay, I got my Cabelas order in for the grinder, Got the big one, 1 1/2 horse, ordered the bigger 10mm plate(comes with the 4.5 and 7mm). Got the foot pedal. It's got the forward/reverse thing(dunno, in case my sleeve gets sucked up??) So yeah I know I had a Tool Time, Tim Allen, More power moment. But it was on sale, a hundred bucks off and only a hundred more than the 1 horse model.
    My question is this, , ,if, as it advertises, this thing can grind 18 lbs/minute, and I try to use it to stuff snack stix, , ,Is my shop gonna look like someone decorated it with a can of cheddarwurst silly string??
    Seriously though, any warnings, tips, advice or jokes welcome. How bad did I over kill on this one?
    JT

Congrats on the new equipment. Don't worry about squirting sausage all over. Just because it's 1 or 1 1/2 HP doesn't always mean it turns faster, it's just stronger. By using the foot pedal, you control how fast the meat goes into the casing. We do expect to see some pics once you get it set up.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

You are gonna really like this sausage stuffing gig. Enjoy and we will be waiting for some killer sausage pics!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Congrats. That one probably makes my Cabela's grinder look like the little stepbrother. I am looking forward to what you come up with. You will be a fully addicted sausage head in no time.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Naw not overkill. But you CAN just feed it the whole pig...
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Naw, it's not overkill. In fact you'll be happy you got it. Underpowered units suck, and could burn out. Plus the frustration isn't worth it. Take care of this one and you'll have it for a long time.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

It's all about torque....!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Just enjoy Whisky Fish. Excellent stuff and as we all know stuff is good. Kudos and enjoy the equipment. All the best...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

well that's the grinder - so what you getting for a stuffer ?
                  Don't care how good the grinder is - you will get the seperate stuffer lol

How about Stainless steel 15 lber with foot operated electric winder and a centre fold model to mop your brow when your pedal foot gets tired ?

Nice score on the grinder - best advice, don't poke stubborn bits down the feeder tube with your hand, them horses might stumble but they sure as shoot won't stop !
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I always say "grind first ask questions later!"
                    Keith

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

How about Stainless steel 15 lber with foot operated electric winder and a centre fold model to mop your brow when your pedal foot gets tired ?

Now that is over kill, Followed closely by JT Kill when Lynn walks in.
                      JT

Comment

I've never regretted getting a tool I initially thought might be overpowered. I doubt you will either. Congrats on the purchase, and have fun grinding and stuffing.
                        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                          Congrats on the new equipment. Don't worry about squirting sausage all over. Just because it's 1 or 1 1/2 HP doesn't always mean it turns faster, it's just stronger. By using the foot pedal, you control how fast the meat goes into the casing. We do expect to see some pics once you get it set up.
                          Ditto can't wait to see the pix of your new toy!
                          Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Naw not overkill. But you CAN just feed it the whole pig...
                          Thats what I was thinking.. butt which end first??

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                          Nice score on the grinder - best advice, don't poke stubborn bits down the feeder tube with your hand, them horses might stumble but they sure as shoot won't stop !
                          Yep that's what reverse is for.. lol!

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
                          I've never regretted getting a tool I initially thought might be overpowered.
                          Na ME EITHER... tee hee..

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                          X