Who's ordering seed for this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's ordering seed for this year?

Just got some Heartland mater seeds, along with some serrano and Early Niagara sweet bell peppers. I'm going to pull all my NM chiles, as I always end up buying around 90 pounds at the end of the NM harvest. I don't have the room to keep/grow as much as I'd like. What are your plans for this spring? Smoke and seeds forever.
    Last edited by Richtee; 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: Correct title
    GOSM Big Block
    Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
    Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
    Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Ordered my pepper seeds from NMSU today....Ordered tomatoe seeds etc. in early january....Only spent fifty bucks this year....Had lots leftover from last...

Starting my storage onions from seed tomorrow....Gonna try celery again this year...

Comment

Ordered pepper and tomato seeds today. Trying my hand at some tomatillas this year. Purple and green...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Between my climate and dirt... I'm jealous. I might get a couple maters in tho- those I can grow...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Between my climate and dirt... I'm jealous. I might get a couple maters in tho- those I can grow...
          Same as "Q". You get out of it what you put into it...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Got my pepper and tomato seed order in just now. Gonna try the new seedless tomato's this year.

Tom

Comment

I am still trying to decide if I want to switch to non hybrid or all heirloom variety plants. That way I can keep saving my seeds from year to year. Just worried about them crossing with some neighboring gardens and not finding out till it's too late. I did save my shallots from last year, it was so wet that they got stunted so I just hung them up in an onion bag and will replant this spring.
              Last edited by SmokinLee; 02-06-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Elephant garlic is about two inches tall right now and the Taters have just started to show, expecting onions and garlic to show any day now. Bad thing about winter gardens is that they are slow. Good thing about it is that God takes care of the watering. Not sure what spring veggies this year. Started an Asparagus bed from seeds, but that'll take a couple seasons to get going really good. Maters are outta the question, pantry is still stuffed with jars from last year, maybe 1 plant for fresh.
                May all your sprouts be strong, straight and vibrant ones.

JT
                JT

Comment

i'm going to order some different varieties of tomatoes,peppers, & gourds this year. last year's peppers didn't do anything & the tomatoes were mislabeled ox hearts & turned out to be grape tomatoes.
                  brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                  18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                  cast iron Hibachi
                  22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                  & rotisserator
                  12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                  stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                  Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                  http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                  my music recordings-
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Well, we tried something different this year for our garden. We harvested all the seeds we could from last years garden. Its not that hard of work and thought we would give it a try. The only seeds we had to go get are carrot and lettuce. So I guess we lucked out. Thats on our veggie garden side.

Over on the farm side, we have plenty of corn and soybean seed for this year. Even caught a break last week and got fertilizer for the same price as last year.

Now, we need the ground to warm, dry, let us plant. Then the rains need to fall right and we are good to go.

We got 5 more inches of snow today. Another snow coming in Superbowl Sunday and Monday. I am so tired of snow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

This would be year two you said the soil is not that good... Just think, you could have built a really nice raised bed for pennies on the dollar with a good compost pile...
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                      X